08-06-2019

US

113 Signins

1324 Page Views

• Views: 1324
  • Message 11 of 45

Re:Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power

2020-05-18, 16:52 PM

Hello Agent_Rich. It appears the forum has two separate threads complaining about the same issue. Just wanted to let you know.

1. "Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power"

2. "Battery draining rapidly .... only lasting a a few hours"

Options

3 Posts

07-31-2019

ES

7 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 12 of 45

2020-05-18, 17:53 PM

Updated my forum/phone stuff so you can now have a look round my apps, still not great battery after update down to about 24hrs as opposed to 72hrs before update, have done the battery training and also safe mode stuff, still not much difference to be honest.

The screen shot explains what was the problem i was stuck at that point until i forced the phone to shut down , haven't tried a backup since .

Any news on android 10 coming to the EU on the G7 power?

Options

5 Posts

05-17-2020

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 13 of 45

2020-05-18, 19:10 PM

Phone: Moto G7 powerCarrier: Giffgaff (UK)Serial number: *removed*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Options

1 Posts

05-18-2020

AU

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 14 of 45

2020-05-18, 22:37 PM
I'm having the same problem with my Moto G7. Since the last update the battery runs out even overnight in standby. I downloaded Gsam battery monitor thinking I'd find the app responsible, but actually phone radio is using 60-80%! I'm sure this is only since the last update.
Options

5 Posts

05-18-2020

GB

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 15 of 45

2020-05-19, 13:52 PM

Rich,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried many of the things you suggest and they have had little effect for me. I have yet to try out safe mode - I need Whats App and Zoom for work so that will have to wait until later.

I rebooted my phone when I fully charged it yesterday and it was perfect for around 24 hours before the drain started again. It seems like there could indeed a problem with Google Backup. The last backup time matches the start of the drain and the backup process seems to have got stuck. Currently it says "Waiting to back up..." and under Other Data I have Contacts also "Waiting to back up...".

This may not be related to the recent firmware update but it does feel like something changed a few days ago.

Thanks

Warren

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 16 of 45

2020-05-19, 19:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have all of you included in the report. Thanks for trying the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided. @Kalzor, @matag @wozzat @Ruth246, please update your profile with your IMEI and other details we're asking so I can forward it to the team. We're checking this and I'm just waiting for the results of their investigation. I will let you know soon as I have an update. 

In the meantime, please keep observing this and let me know if you'll find out anything that could be causing the battery draining. I would suggest try uninstalling third-party apps until you've seen improvements. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

05-18-2020

GB

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 17 of 45

2020-05-20, 13:57 PM

Hi Rich,

I have updated my account settings as requested.

I'm pleased to report that I have had no battery drain for the last 24h. The only change I made was to disable the phone backup option under the Google settings (plus reboot). Obviously this is not ideal because I want the backup to work. However it does seem to indicate the cause of my issue.

I've read that there have been problems with backup not working properly for some months on many handsets. Mine was fine until recently.

Thanks for your help. I hope a future update from Motorola or Google will properly fix my problem.

Warren

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 18 of 45

2020-05-20, 14:42 PM

Hi wozzat,

Thank you so much for your cooperation. May I also request a bug report from you?

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via Private Message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

5 Posts

05-17-2020

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 19 of 45

2020-05-20, 15:52 PM

Hello Wozzat,Did disabling Google Backup work for you after draining the battery completely? I haven't tried this yet but other attempts to correct the issue have resulted in improvement at first, followed by a rapid drain. In fact, after battery calibration and reboot I found that the battery drains very slowly (95% to 82% took 16 hours or so) then drains rapidly after that.

Options

5 Posts

05-18-2020

GB

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 20 of 45

2020-05-21, 11:47 AM

Hi Rich,

I'm happy to file the bug report. Should I reproduce the issue first?

Warren

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete