GB

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 21 of 45

Re:Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power

2020-05-21, 11:54 AM

Hi keeens,

My experience is that the phone would behave normally for a while following any reboot. I did try the full discharge and the battery recalibration which seemed to offer some benefit but like you I found this didn't last. Sometimes I'd get hours before the drain started again.

When I switched off the backup, I simply rebooted the phone afterwards. It's been perfect for me since which has been almost 48h now.

Options

9746 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1075 Signins

144428 Page Views

• Views: 144428
  • Message 22 of 45

2020-05-21, 12:52 PM

Hi wozzat,

Thanks for your update. Glad you're seeing improvements. Let's set aside the bug report for now, just keep observing this. Let me know how it goes and we'll further check this.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

11-26-2019

BG

24 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 23 of 45

2020-05-21, 16:40 PM
Why would you put the bug report aside!?! Do you believe turning off essential functionality is a proper solution?!?!
Options

5 Posts

05-17-2020

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 24 of 45

2020-05-21, 19:11 PM

Thank you kindly, Wozzat

Options

9746 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1075 Signins

144428 Page Views

• Message 25 of 45

2020-05-21, 21:57 PM

Hi PetTak,

I was talking to wozzat. For other users like you who's still experiencing quick discharge, we still recommend sending us bug reports. Also, we suggest clearing cache on Google Play Services (Settings > Apps & notification  > See all > Google Play Services> Clear Cache and Clear Data).

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

12 Posts

11-26-2019

BG

24 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 26 of 45

2020-05-22, 19:49 PM

Apparently the extreme battery drain after the last update also plagues Moto g8 Power, which has different hardware and more importantly Android 10.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g8-plus/Extremely-fast-battery-discharge-after-the-last-update/m-p/5015567

Options

1 Posts

05-24-2020

RO

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 27 of 45

2020-05-24, 11:50 AM

My Moto G7 Power is running in safe mode, and after 24 hours the battery is 50% discharged, so it would last up to two days. While before the last update it used to last 4-5 days depending on usage.

we have 2 Moto g7 power in our family. We bought them especially for their long battery lifetime, but now we have to charge them every day :(

If you cannot provide a fix for it, then you should provide a way to roll back to the previous version of the firmware at least.

Options

9746 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1075 Signins

144428 Page Views

• Message 28 of 45

2020-05-25, 13:33 PM

Hi,

Have we tried clearing the cache and data of Google Play Services? You may send me a bug report when you experience sudden quick discharge on your battery, providing the details of what activities you're doing and the time you capture the report. Please let me know once you have sent me one. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

2 Posts

05-25-2020

US

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 29 of 45

2020-05-25, 17:40 PM

I have had this same issue with my Moto g7 power.  After a security update in late April, my phone battery started to drain incredibly quickly when I was not using the phone at all.  It actually drained slower when I was using it and the screen was on.  That's how I figured it was a problem.  I used the AccuBattery app to track it and was able to come up with a temporary solution for now.  This issue clearly seems to be widespread and should be getting more attention.

The AccuBattery app tracks "deep sleep" of the phone.  When it is working correctly, this should account for most of the screen off time.  When it is not working correctly, AccuBattery says the phone never enters the deep sleep mode.  I believe it is a problem with the battery calibration, but for some reason this gets reset frequently.

What works for me is to do a soft reset (hold power button down until phone reboots, plug in to charger to 100% and leave on charger for 1 hr or longer).  Then my phone works for about 2 days or so of use like normal.  But, if I just plug it in overnight after this, the phone is back to the "broken battery" state when I unplug it in the morning.  In this state, it loses about 2.5% of battery every hour (at a minimum) when the screen is off. When it is working, it usually only loses about 0.5% every hour when the screen is off.

So, for some reason charging the phone normally messes up the calibration of the battery.  But if you do a soft reset, this fixes the battery calibration temporarily.  I am concerned that the Moto G8 power is having this same issue with Android 10 since that was suggested as a possible long term fix of this issue.

Options

5 Posts

05-17-2020

US

7 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 30 of 45

2020-05-26, 20:28 PM

DEAR ALL,

Wozzat has already discovered the issue. 

It has to do with Google Backup. After Google backup runs and completes its task it will post a time of completion in your settings. After this time there seems to be residual tasks being performed by Google Backup that end up draining the battery. It is likely that Google Backup is just hung up with an error. If you compare the Google Backup time stamp with the battery drain chart you will see that the timing is consistent. 

To correct this you can either turn Google Backup off and reboot OR reboot your phone every time Google backup runs and "finishes". Rebooting breaks that residual tasks being performed but will not protect against another drain once Google Backup runs again.

If for some reason this does not correct your issue then please ignore this and post what is happening to your phone. But this should fix the issue for the vast majority of you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete