54571 Page Views

• Views: 54571
  • Message 41 of 45

Re:Battery and new update | Moto G7 Power

2020-06-02, 14:36 PM

@ PetTak wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

@ PetTak wrote:

Turning essential features off is not a solution. I am also not going to play beta tester for you by constantly resetting my phone. YOU do your job and experiment to find the solution because YOU are losing customers, not me. I have not paid for the privilege to work for you - it is YOU who is working for me.

We understand you're frustrated, but we are being as transparent as we can with this situation. You're entitled to either perform the workarounds or wait for any potential fixes from us or Google. 

-Tom

Transparent? So you do admit that there is an issue with excessive battery drain? Because my phone is still under warranty and I have one other option than the two you've mentioned -  can have it replaced. Thank you.

Yes, we are aware that there is a recent battery drain issue. As previously mentioned, the only workaround is to perform a Factory Data Reset (FDR). You're more than welcome to wait for an alternative workaround or a fix to be released by Google or us. Replacing the phone would require you to have to set the phone up from scratch anyway. At this time, we would not recommend having your device repaired or replaced for this specific situation. Now, if performing the FDR does not resolve the issue, then and that point we can look into utilizing your warranty.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

74 Posts

08-06-2019

US

113 Signins

1324 Page Views

• Views: 1324
  • Message 42 of 45

2020-06-04, 20:52 PM

Hello MotorolaTom. As far as battery discharge goes, you stated on the Moto G8 Plus forum, "Finally as for Android 10, this is an issue only seen on Android Pie. Devices on Android 10/Q are not impacted by this." Does this statement apply to the Moto G7 Power? Someone has already complained about their Moto G7 in another thread, "Moto G7 Battery Drains Very Quickly After Upgrade from Android 9 to Android 10." Should owners of the Moto G7 Power be concerned about this? Do you know which month Android 10 will be released for the U.S. Moto G7 Power?

Options

2390 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2960 Signins

54571 Page Views

• Views: 54571
  • Message 43 of 45

2020-06-10, 13:48 PM

@ Presto8 wrote:

Hello MotorolaTom. As far as battery discharge goes, you stated on the Moto G8 Plus forum, "Finally as for Android 10, this is an issue only seen on Android Pie. Devices on Android 10/Q are not impacted by this." Does this statement apply to the Moto G7 Power? Someone has already complained about their Moto G7 in another thread, "Moto G7 Battery Drains Very Quickly After Upgrade from Android 9 to Android 10." Should owners of the Moto G7 Power be concerned about this? Do you know which month Android 10 will be released for the U.S. Moto G7 Power?

From what we know thus far this specific bug is only present in Android Pie. For the user on Android 10 we will have to get new bug reports and do troubleshooting to see if we can determine why that device is having quick battery drain. At this time I would not be concerned about upgrading to Android 10. As for the timing, at this time we do not have any information on when the Moto G7 Power will get the update in the US. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

07-31-2019

ES

7 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 44 of 45

2020-06-13, 8:19 AM

Finally, today after my first post my phones battery is acting normal, it has seriously taken this long for the battery and system to iron out its bugs.

Yesterday an app wouldn't install (stuck at installing on the play store) so i rebooted and just left my 92% charged phone  at 1am unplugged.

I've just picked it up today 9hrs later and its at 90% and it is showing 2 days left on the battery ......

Options

9843 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1079 Signins

145173 Page Views

• Views: 145173
  • Message 45 of 45

2020-06-16, 14:10 PM

Hi Hugis,

We're glad you're seeing improvements. Please keep observing this and let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks and stay safe!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete