Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

Bluetooth connects to car, but phone sound is garbled.

2021-05-24, 19:58 PM

Hello,

I'm having a new problem with g7. Bluetooth connects to car, but phone sound is garbled. Other media apps from phone to car is fine. The sound is only affected with the phone. 

-K

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Bluetooth connects to car, but phone sound is garbled.

2021-05-25, 14:06 PM

Hi Kat R

When you say the phone sound is garbled, are you using the phone's speaker while it is connected to the car? Is it during during phone calls? Please confirm and kindly share more details. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-05-25, 14:12 PM

Thank you for the quick response, Rich. No, I am not using the phone's speaker; sound comes through the car's speaker. It sounds high pitched and underwater. Kinda like the chipmunks Christmas song but worse.

When I use an app on my phone and connect via Bluetooth to the car's speaker, like with Pandora, the sound is perfect.

The phone sound used to be perfect, so this is a new problem. I've checked every setting I can think of to no avail.

-K

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-05-25, 15:30 PM

Hi Kat R

Thanks for the details. Can you try unpairing the Bluetooth devices connected to your car then do the same on your phone, kindly unpair all Bluetooth paired with your phone (Settings > Connected devices > Tap the gear icon next to each Bluetooth names > Forget). Once done, pair it back to your car. Accept all the prompt permissions. See if that helps.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-05-30, 12:20 PM

Hi Rick,

No luck; it didn't work. I had a more tech savvy person than I take a look and he said he thought it was something with the hertz and coding. Does that mean anything to you?

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-06-01, 16:38 PM

Hi Kat R

Thanks for trying. Possible some changes with the phone or with the car's system are causing an issue. While coding is one factor, we can't tell for sure what could be the reason. Are you using an infotainment system? I suggest make sure you have the latest software on your car and try doing factory data reset on your car.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 8

2021-07-22, 1:05 AM

2021 Subaru outback same problem garbled audio other phones we have use car Bluetooth ok this started about a month ago. Time for update Moto

Options

7827 Posts

07-06-2017

United States of America

2258 Signins

140625 Page Views

• Views: 140625
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-07-22, 17:29 PM

@ Zkoty wrote:

2021 Subaru outback same problem garbled audio other phones we have use car Bluetooth ok this started about a month ago. Time for update Moto

Hi,

How are you doing today? I will do my best to help you. Have you tried the steps we have shared before? Because you are saying this started a month ago I will suggest rebooting the device in safe mode.

To reboot in safe mode:

1. Press & hold the Power button.
  2. Touch & hold Power off
  3. Touch OK to restart in safe mode.

When it restarts, you'll see Safe mode across the bottom of the home screen and widgets will be disabled.

Use your phone and see if the problem has gone away. Remember, you won’t be able to use any downloaded apps.

If the problem goes away:

1. To exit safe mode, restart your phone.
  2. One by one, uninstall recently downloaded apps. After each removal, restart your phone. See whether removing that app solved the problem.
  3. Once you delete the problematic app, you can restore the other apps you removed during testing.

Best Regars

Kevin

Motorola Support.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms