Options

2 Posts

05-25-2020

US

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 2

Bootloader Unlocking Issue – Moto G7 Power (XT1955-6)

2020-05-25, 4:29 AM
Hello, I am running into an issue while trying to get a key to unlock the bootloader on my Moto G7 Power. I followed the instructions on Motorola's Support page, obtained the bootloader code via ADB, and entered it as a single string exactly as advised, but I received a message stating that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. I know that this is not true because within the Developer Options, there is a toggle for the option to allow the bootloader to be unlocked, which is toggled on (see attached screenshot). I have done a lit of research regarding this issue, but going straight to the source (Motorola) seems to be the final option to resolve this issue. I appreciate any help you can provide with regard to this issue, as I need to get this resolved. Thank you.
Options

1 Posts

04-28-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Bootloader Unlocking Issue – Moto G7 Power (XT1955-6)

2020-05-25, 14:32 PM

I'm adding myself to this thread. I have the exact same phone ( purchased outright ) with the exact same issue.

I've owned numerous Motorola phones and have bootloader unlocked every one with this process, so I'm familiar with it and fairly certain its not user error.

Guidance on a remedy would be much obliged.

XT1955-6

OEM unlocking enabled

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms