Options

1 Posts

02-24-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Can I block spam text messages from email addresses?

2020-02-24, 16:08 PM

I have a Moto G7 Power. I am constantly inundated by spam text messages that originate from email addresses. It's simple to block texts from phone numbers but there doesn't appear to be any way to block texts that come from email addresses.

My old Samsung allowed you to filter out texts that contained certain character strings, so adding .com/.edu/.biz/etc to that list was a backhanded way to accomplish the task. Again, I can find no way to filter texts by character strings with my Moto.

I'm hoping someone can point out a fix that I've overlooked.

Solved! See the solution
Options

8585 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

135022 Page Views

• Views: 135022
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Can I block spam text messages from email addresses?

2020-02-25, 16:39 PM

Hi DougM54,

You can only block a specific contact/phone number/email address individually but there's no option to filter messages from unknown senders and block unwanted messages. Same goes with filtering out texts from those senders you mentioned. I haven't either seen this an option with the apps I tried so far. Thanks for your feedback on this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

02-24-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Can I block spam text messages from email addresses?

2020-02-26, 13:21 PM
Hi Rich, Thanks for your reply. It sent me back to my phone for some more searching and I found what I was looking for. Being able to block individual email addresses is better than nothing. Thanks! DougM54
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save