Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Can't make back up Moto g7

2021-10-13, 9:55 AM

Hi, 

I can't make a back up of my phone using the Google drive app. I've contacted Google, but they say the problem lies with Motorola. 

The button to make a backup is grey, and the automatic back up doesn't work. I attached a screenshot, apologies the settings on my phone are in Dutch.

Edited due to Site Rules violation: The screenshot contains personal information. -Jess

Options

5309 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

654 Signins

55182 Page Views

• Views: 55182
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Can't make back up Moto g7

2021-10-13, 15:37 PM

Hi @ Lizajansen ,

Sorry to hear you're unable to back up your files to the Google One app. We'll see what we can do to help.

This is a Google application and we haven't heard any users having a concern backing up with the Google One app. Is there something they tried to get this fixed?

Have you tried to clear the data of the Google One app? If not, here's how:

1. Tap and hold the Google One app
  2. Tap App info
  3. Tap Storage
  4. Tap Clear cache. 

Once done, eliminate all running applications and relaunch the Google One app. If it has this same thing, I suggest clearing the data of this app and see if that would help.

Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

2 Posts

10-13-2021

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-10-14, 11:52 AM

I've tried this multiple times and it didn't work. I've also tried to sign in again to my Google account, but that didn't work either. I can't reinstall the app (suggested multiple times), because the phone comes with the drive app.

I've contacted Google but they are certain it's a problem with Motorola, not Google drive. 

Options

1079 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

129 Signins

10827 Page Views

• Views: 10827
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-10-14, 21:20 PM

@ Lizajansen wrote:

I've tried this multiple times and it didn't work. I've also tried to sign in again to my Google account, but that didn't work either. I can't reinstall the app (suggested multiple times), because the phone comes with the drive app.

I've contacted Google but they are certain it's a problem with Motorola, not Google drive. 

Hi  @ Lizajansen ,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble backing up your phone. 

We've seen this behavior across multiple phones. There is a workaround to get a good backup again. Please try the steps below.

• Go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock then set screen lock to None.
  • Reboot the phone.
  • Open Settings > System > Backup.
  • Check if Backup now is clickable now. If so, tap on Backup now and allow the phone to back up.
  • Make sure you always remember to turn your security back on form Settings > Security > Screen Lock.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms