06-30-2020

US

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 2

Changing to alternate mobile network provider

2020-06-30, 18:46 PM

I purchased an unlocked G7 Power in January and had it activated on the ATT&T network. And it has worked great.

We spend the summer in Canada at a location where the Rogers ( I assume default Canadian provider for AT&T) signal level is poor.

On my previous phone (Microsoft), also AT&T, I was able to search for and connect to an alternate provider (Bell) at my location.  Worked great.

Searching the internet for a solution seems to indicate I should be able to do the same with my G7 (recently updated to Android v10)

When I goto Settings and select Network&Internet>Mobile Network>SIM1 I do not see any options to select preferred Network.

Advanced has no options.

I have done a RESET but no change.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

Options

1769 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1647 Signins

25623 Page Views

• Views: 25623
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Changing to alternate mobile network provider

2020-07-01, 8:32 AM

There's a really weird and obscure glitch with some Android phones when crossing countries/Networks here in the UK/EU that might be relevant here.

Phone settings > Languages > and change from in your case US English to say UK English. Then restart the phone. Then change back to US English and restart the phone again and try to re-scan/change your Network details. It looks like sometimes changing countries messes up something and affects the Keyboard app.

Hope it works for you :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete