US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Views: 154925
  • Message 11 of 31

Re:Chrome keeps poping up strange web sites

2020-09-01, 13:19 PM

Hi maddad23,

Not sure if you have tried the suggestion. Settings > Apps & notification > See all > Chrome > Clear Data or (Storage > Clear Storage). Also, make sure you select "block" when a website ask you to receive notifications from them.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

54 Posts

08-16-2016

US

76 Signins

776 Page Views

• Views: 776
  • Message 12 of 31

2020-09-03, 2:15 AM

OK, I figured out how to install it. It's a VPN. It didn't stop the ads from popping up. Probably have to do a hard reset. :-( What a pain that will be!!!

Maddad23
Options

11056 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Message 13 of 31

2020-09-03, 15:20 PM

Hi maddad23,

Ads usually came from third-party apps. You can try that option but you can also start uninstalling third-party apps you recently installed prior this ads notification. Can you send a sample screenshot of what you're seeing? I'd like to see if it could help us with this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

54 Posts

08-16-2016

US

76 Signins

776 Page Views

• Message 14 of 31

2020-09-05, 2:24 AM

I hope i am not jinksing myself, but--- I was about to do the factory reset and dreading it. I had gotten the manual down to read how to do it, etc.  I took one last look at my phone, and I had a message that I could get Android 10. So I said what the heck. Did the install and right at the end it told me I had a problem with adaware, or adware, or something like. To old to remember, and should have written down what it was, BUT it offered to remove it. Yeah!!! Finished the install, and guess what, It was still there. I did a google search on my computer for ad, whatever, and the third one down was a sight that said to use Malwarebytes to clean it up. If you read back you'll see that I got the paid version of it, and have ran it several times and it didn't find anything. Well I ran it again and it found one problem. A program that made bluetooth hook up better which which I believe I read about here???? I told Malwarebytes to remove it, again I should have written down the name of that BT program, but old age don't ya know. Those ads were popping up right away after waking up the phone, and it's been an hour now and none.  Why Malwarebytes didn't find it earlier I don't know. I'll have to look thru this to see if I can find the name of that bluetooth improver program. Keep ypur fingers crossed for old me.

AHA, did some searching on here and found that the recommended app is called Bluetooth auto connect. It didn't send out ads for several months. Tricky/smart program. Still no ads, and the phone hooks up to the cars bluetooth just fine, so far.

Maddad23
Options

11056 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Message 15 of 31

2020-09-07, 16:35 PM

Hi maddad23,

I appreciate all those things you've taken. I searched that Bluetooth auto connect app but I don't see it in Play Store.There's an apk from a website that has this called app (not sure if that's the same as yours). Did you uninstall the app? Is everything fine now?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

54 Posts

08-16-2016

US

76 Signins

776 Page Views

• Message 16 of 31

2020-09-08, 3:53 AM

I didn't write down the names of the stuff. But when Android 10 was at the end of it's install it said I had either adware, or adaware and it was a bad program and offered to remove it. Of course I said yes. The ads kept popping  up. I had installed earlier Malwarebytes, but it had found nothing. So I tried running it after the 10 install and it found that the bluetooth something or the other was an adware program, so it removed it. It has been AOK so far as far as the ads poping up, but  am also having the same problem with loosing the 4g service and a week signal. Patiently waiting for the fix for that. 

I did a search on this site a few days ago, don't remember exactly how I worded it, like I said getting old and forgetful, and found the discussion. I also looked and on google apps and did a search and it showed several programs, but I didn't remember which one I used. Also did a google search for adware and it describes exactly how mine acted. 

Maddad23
Options

11056 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Message 17 of 31

2020-09-08, 12:01 PM

Hi maddad23,

Thanks for reply. Have you contacted your carrier regarding your 4G and network? Please let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

54 Posts

08-16-2016

US

76 Signins

776 Page Views

• Message 18 of 31

2020-09-08, 20:45 PM

My carrier is Tracfone. Useless, will just tell me to do a factory reboot. They told me to do that just before the A-10 came out.

Maddad23
Options

11056 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Message 19 of 31

2020-09-09, 13:46 PM

Hi maddad23,

Thanks for confirming. I will help you with this. Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction.  Also try, resetting your APN setting (Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Access Point Names > Tap 3 vertical dots > Reset to default). Once done, restart your phone. See if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

54 Posts

08-16-2016

US

76 Signins

776 Page Views

• Message 20 of 31

2020-09-09, 14:51 PM

OK, think I did everything you asked for...

Maddad23
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete