Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G7 Familymoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-08-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 8

Circular battery charge indicator on Peek Display

2020-09-08, 21:40 PM

Who had the bright idea of eliminating the old circular blue graphic on the Peek Display that indicated the battery charge level?  In Android 10 it was replaced by an eensy-teensy numeric display up in the upper right corner.  How is this an improvement?  What was wrong with the blue circle?  I really liked the blue circle.  Did anyone dislike it?  If so, could it be an option?  I can usually figure out some sort of rationale for changes that I hate, but in this case I'm utterly stumped.  Why was this a good idea?

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Views: 149998
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Circular battery charge indicator on Peek Display

2020-09-10, 12:49 PM

Hi JonBerger,

We're aware of these feedback and we appreciate you for providing yours to us. We will pass your feedback to our Product teams but we can't guarantee if developers will bring back the old version. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

33 Posts

06-15-2019

US

39 Signins

379 Page Views

• Views: 379
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-09-10, 19:36 PM

I accidentally upgraded my g7 USA retail model purchased from Best Buy. To my surprise every issue noted on this forum DID NOT show up! I am on the ATT network. My peek circle showing time and battery is there just like always. I verified I am at Android 10. My LTE works, fingerprint log in works. SD card has no issues. I did have to give the ok to store photos on it. No idea why mine works this way but I am thrilled it does vs buying a new phone today when unscheduled upgrade killed my g7, or so I thought.

Options

1 Posts

09-08-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-09-10, 21:16 PM

Well, ok, thanks for responding, I guess.  But I was asking an actual question, and I didn't intend it to be a rhetorical one.  Seriously: is there a reason, a rationale, a basis, for eliminating this feature?  Were there people who were posting things on the forums about "could you guys please get rid of that circle, because I hate it"?  I get that it's gone and it's not coming back, and fine, whatever, it's not a deal breaker and I'm not going to throw away my Motorola phone and go back to Samsung, but can you explain WHY this is?  I mean, you can't possibly be sitting around conference tables thinking "let's see, what can we do to annoy our users in the new upgrade," so presumably someone had a reason for doing this that seemed like a good one at the time.  Can you explain what that reason was?

Options

32 Posts

12-04-2019

US

51 Signins

506 Page Views

• Views: 506
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-09-11, 21:25 PM

Same complaint - it was a quick and easy way to see your charge level. Dumb to get rid of it instead of offering the option to turn it on and off if some people didn't like it. 

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-09-14, 18:32 PM

Hi JonBerger,

We don't know why it was removed but we can try asking. In the meantime you can try enabling the battery percentage in the Settings, this would show in the battery icon on top. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2020

BE

11 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-09-15, 10:34 AM

@ Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi JonBerger,

We don't know why it was removed but we can try asking. In the meantime you can try enabling the battery percentage in the Settings, this would show in the battery icon on top. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

That battery percentage in the battery icon on top is much too small. I have tried but for me it is unreadably small. So in fact this does not solve the problem at all.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-09-15, 14:06 PM

Hi PatCoffee,

I totally understand. I have spoke about this with my team. We value you so much, the least we can do is to pass your feedback along. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete