Options

2 Posts

03-09-2020

CA

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 4

Developers: Android Streaming For Hearing Aids (ASHA) support in which Motorola phones?

2020-03-09, 17:04 PM

I have a new pair of ReSound Hearing Aids that are compatible with the new Android Streaming for Hearing Aids protocol released in Android 10. This new open source technology is officially supported in Google's Pixel 3 & 4 phones as well as Samsung's Galaxy S10.

When will Motorola be incorporating this technology into their Android 10 phones? And which models will be supported?

Read more here: https://www.engadget.com/2019/09/03/android-10-transforms-hearing-aids-bluetooth-headsets/

and https://www.resound.com/en/hearing-aids/bluetooth-hearing-aid-android

Thank you.

Solved! See the solution
Options

8589 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

135057 Page Views

• Views: 135057
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Developers: Android Streaming For Hearing Aids (ASHA) support in which Motorola phones?

2020-03-12, 13:49 PM

Hi jdhanley,

This is interesting. I confirmed this with the team. None of our phones currently support it, even those that have upgraded to Android 10. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

03-09-2020

CA

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:Developers: Android Streaming For Hearing Aids (ASHA) support in which Motorola phones?

2020-03-12, 19:05 PM

Thanks Rich.

Yes it is interesting. Apple developed its own protocols several years ago and streaming technology has been available in iPhones for many years. ReSound and Google finally teamed up to bring a similar technology to the Android market back in September. As mentioned, the technology is open source and available for any Android phone manufacturer to incorporate in their phones. My understanding is that the only hardware requirement is Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connection-Oriented Channels.

https://www.androidcentral.com/android-10-supports-direct-streaming-hearing-aids

Surely Motorola has BLE compatible phones. 

I am a hard-of-hearing user and rely on this technology to make mobile phone use feasible. The next phone I purchase must have this technology.

So now that Motorola is aware of this free, open source technology for hearing aid users, when will Motorola be incorporating it into their phones?

Options

8589 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1017 Signins

135057 Page Views

• Views: 135057
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-03-16, 18:37 PM

Hi,

Motorola and its suppliers (some would also have to support it) are looking at ASHA for possible future implementation. We don't have any additional details at this time. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save