Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Views: 155
  • Message 1 of 14

Does Motorola value it's customers????

2021-01-09, 3:27 AM

Dear Motorola,
My family and I have been Motorola users for years. In all that time, I have NEVER asked for anything....but now I have a problem. So let's see if I am a MOTOROLA valued customer or not. I hope that, (given my circumstances), Motorola Customer Service will help me and make this right.

I purchased a brand new (unlocked) Moto G7 / 4GB ram....(usa/retail/XT1962-1/ Part# PAE00002US) from Best Buy on FEB. 13, 2020. So it is still under warranty. 

I live in a rural area so I rely on T-mobiles'  600 MHz (band 71) network.
I purchased this model of phone relying on the fact/assuming, that since it cost more, it had all the features of the G7 "Power" version ( does support Band 71), plus more. This is not so....
Even though it cost more.....My Moto G7 phone does NOT support Band 71 !!!! I was wondering why I never have a signal (unless in town), til I finally went on the Lenova Community Forum and asked a tech :

ME:  I have a  Moto G7 phone and cannot find an answer. Does this phone include Band 71 support for T-Mobile? I notice that the Play and Power variant do, but it is unclear on this model...
MOTOROLLA TECH:  Let me check. A moment please.
MOTOROLLA TECH:: Still checking.
ME: No wonder I had trouble finding the answer! :)
MOTOROLLA TECH: As we can see, Band 71 is not available in G7 Version. 
MOTOROLLA TECH: This are the only bands available LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 66(1700/2100), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) .
Carrier Aggregation, 4G LTE (DL Cat 7/ UL Cat 6), CDMA / EVDO Rev A, UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8 CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10, 3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8, 4G: FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/66, TDD LTE band 38/40/41"

As you can see, He confirmed that this IS an issue with my model of phone. 
I was using wi-fi calling to get around this issue when at home, but wi-fi calling has quit working...(I only get error messages now....)

So my MotoG7 is completely worthless to me. Can you Please help me????? 
BTW....I have taken excellent care of my phone, it does not even have a scratch on it. This is due to the fact that I never used it until I purchased a Heavy Duty case for it.   

Here is my customer service suggestion:
Replace my 2020 model G7 phone  with a brand new 2020  model G7 "POWER (version)" phone.  https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-moto-g-power/p

***NOTE*** My purchased phone case will NOT fit this phone but I will accept responsibility to purchase another case.

moto G7 cell phone, model XT-1962-1, P/N PAE00002US, Android ver. 10 (QPU30.52-23-13 carrier (MVNO)=truconnect Network=Tmobile Software Channel=US Retail Android 10 build#=QPU30.52-23-13
Options

192 Posts

02-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3290 Signins

15982 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15982
  • Message 2 of 14

Does Motorola value it's customers????

2021-01-09, 22:58 PM
"I purchased this model of phone relying on the fact/assuming" Never assume always check. You made an error and I don`t think Moto are likely to help.
Options

19 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

Re:Does Motorola value it's customers????

2021-01-10, 3:02 AM

TREBOETH said......"Never assume always check."

No duh....I would have checked..... but I wasn't even aware of this rural "band 71" thing, til I started having problems...

When you pay $300 for a phone you expect it to work..... "or at the very least.... work better than it's cheaper version."

(the phone DID work great.... right outside of the Best BUY store...but only because they were right in town (town= cell towers)

BTW, Your comment was totally useless and absolutely NO help but........ thanks anyway. This is a Motorola mess up and we will see if they value their customer base by making this right....

EVERYONE STAY TUNED....If I was in the market for a new phone, I would definitely wait and see if Motorola even cares, and/or responds before I would give them my hard earned money for ANY of their phones...... A warranty is meaningless if the company doesn't give a "$&!T" !!!!!!

HELLO....MOTOROLA ?????? What SAY YE?????

moto G7 cell phone, model XT-1962-1, P/N PAE00002US, Android ver. 10 (QPU30.52-23-13 carrier (MVNO)=truconnect Network=Tmobile Software Channel=US Retail Android 10 build#=QPU30.52-23-13
Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

902 Signins

22078 Page Views

• Views: 22078
  • Message 4 of 14

2021-01-10, 4:30 AM

Did you ask the folks at Best Buy about coverage before you purchased your phone?

Did you contact Best Buy when you first discovered the severe lack of coverage, within 30 to 60 days of your purchase?

Did Best Buy offer you a 100% refund after a trial period?  How long is their no-risk trial period?

Is there a reason that you waited until now (ten months) to raise the complaint with Motorola, who was not involved in your purchase from Best Buy?

Have you had any discussion with T-Mobile regarding the coverage they advertise for their nationwide 5G network?

Options

192 Posts

02-20-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3290 Signins

15982 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 15982
  • Message 5 of 14

2021-01-10, 21:21 PM
Obviously the OP should be given the top of the range new phone free and as much money as they want to make them feel better about THEIR mistake. Or take it as a learning experience and do some research before buying a phone. Have a nice day,I`m out.
Options

6799 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3411 Signins

85856 Page Views

• Views: 85856
  • Message 6 of 14

2021-01-11, 18:57 PM

Everyone, let's avoid any personal attacks the original poster. This is not the place for that. Let's all remain civil.

That being said @Stubby K I'm sorry the phone has not met your expectations. As you have determined by now the Moto G7 does not support band 71. However, this is not something we can replace your phone for. I'd like to focus on WiFi calling. You said it was working, but recently it has stopped? Can you provide some more details around that? When did it stop working? Did you get any software updates around that time? 

Let me know, we're here to help.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2021-01-12, 18:17 PM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Everyone, let' avoid any personal attacks the original poster. This is not the place for that. Let' all remain civil.

That being said @Stubby K I' sorry the phone has not met your expectations. As you have determined by now the Moto G7 does not support band 71. However, this is not something we can replace your phone for. I' like to focus on WiFi calling. You said it was working, but recently it has stopped? Can you provide some more details around that? When did it stop working? Did you get any software updates around that time? 

Let me know, we' here to help.

-Tom

Thanks for the response TOM. !! Please excuse the reply to "treboeth", I ignored him as long as I could....

If I am NOT eligible for a replacement (to a lower model, BTW) to get the band 71, how about replacing it because the WI-FI calling quit working ?

I already sent a bug report in to Agent Rich concerning the wi-fi calling but have NOT heard back as of yet..... this phone will be out of warranty in less than a month and I would, at least, like to have wifi calling restored. I have ALREADY spent time trying to fix it myself....here is the link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7-power-moto-g7-plus/WiFi-Calling-Quit-working-MOTO-G7/m-p/5055824?page=1

Since Motorola does NOT care that a person is Happy with one of their products, lets see if they will honor their warranty. Options ????? thank you TOM

Options

19 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2021-01-12, 18:47 PM

@ KarlBeckman wrote:

1) Did you ask the folks at Best Buy about coverage before you purchased your phone?

2) Did you contact Best Buy when you first discovered the severe lack of coverage, within 30 to 60 days of your purchase?

3) Did Best Buy offer you a 100% refund after a trial period?  How long is their no-risk trial period?

4) Is there a reason that you waited until now (ten months) to raise the complaint with Motorola, who was not involved in your purchase from Best Buy?

5) Have you had any discussion with T-Mobile regarding the coverage they advertise for their nationwide 5G network?

Lot of Questions... Karl ?????

1) Yes, as I stated in the OP, I actually went outside and used the phone, and like I said... it worked GREAT when in town and close to cell towers.

2) I was having trouble with my provider at the time and did NOT have the chance to use the phone immediately, so I was unaware of the "severe lack of coverage" issue for a good 40 days, otherwise, yes, I would have returned the phone.

3) 30 days

4)  I was using WIFI calling !!! as I explained in the OP

5) yes... and though the Band 71 WILL also be used with 5G, it is currently being used to extend 4G LTE. Talking with them is how I was FIRST alerted to the band 71 thing.

I thought I had done my homework (at least with the knowledge I had at the time of purchase)...I just did NOT know  that a person requires an engineering degree, to purchase a cell phone.

Options

6799 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3411 Signins

85856 Page Views

• Views: 85856
  • Message 9 of 14

2021-01-12, 23:15 PM

@ Stubby K wrote:

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Everyone, let' avoid any personal attacks the original poster. This is not the place for that. Let' all remain civil.

That being said @Stubby K I' sorry the phone has not met your expectations. As you have determined by now the Moto G7 does not support band 71. However, this is not something we can replace your phone for. I' like to focus on WiFi calling. You said it was working, but recently it has stopped? Can you provide some more details around that? When did it stop working? Did you get any software updates around that time? 

Let me know, we' here to help.

-Tom

Thanks for the response TOM. !! Please excuse the reply to "treboeth", I ignored him as long as I could....

If I am NOT eligible for a replacement (to a lower model, BTW) to get the band 71, how about replacing it because the WI-FI calling quit working ?

I already sent a bug report in to Agent Rich concerning the wi-fi calling but have NOT heard back as of yet..... this phone will be out of warranty in less than a month and I would, at least, like to have wifi calling restored. I have ALREADY spent time trying to fix it myself....here is the link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/moto-g7-play-moto-g7-moto-g7-power-moto-g7-plus/WiFi-Calling-Quit-working-MOTO-G7/m-p/5055824?page=1

Since Motorola does NOT care that a person is Happy with one of their products, lets see if they will honor their warranty. Options ????? thank you TOM

Just an FYI, I have marked that reply as SPAM, as it did not add any value to the conversation. I know we've been already working with you regarding the WiFI calling. However, let me see what I can do from my end. I'll get back to you ASAP.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19 Posts

12-16-2020

United States of America

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2021-01-13, 0:28 AM

@ MotorolaTom wrote:

Just an FYI, I have marked that reply as SPAM, as it did not add any value to the conversation. I know we' been already working with you regarding the WiFI calling. However, let me see what I can do from my end. I' get back to you ASAP.

-Tom

Well that is certainly NOT fair...please also mark "treboeths" posts as SPAM also.... ***REMOVED***

***Removed by admin***

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms