01-26-2019

US

14 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 7

Does the G7 Power have good reception?

2020-05-27, 16:06 PM

I bought a Moto G5s Plus back in 2018 and it has had horrible cellphone reception since I got it. I get great reception when I put my sim card in my other phones but always get a no service error inside my house with the G5s plus. Im tired of having to go outside to make calls.I love everything else about the phone but the non existant reception is pissing me off. I bought my husband a Moto G6 and he gets bars inside the house when I don't and we use the same network. Im also very upset that  neither of these Moto phones have the option to use wifi calling which would be a huge advantage. I purchased both phones straight from motorola so I am wondering if that may be why wifi is not an option?

Im on a tight budget and need a phone that actually works inside my home. I am looking at the G7 Power and was planning to buy it from my network provider this time. They told me it has wifi calling as an option. Does this phone get better cellphone reception than the G5s Plus?

Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Does the G7 Power have good reception?

2020-05-27, 17:10 PM

Hi Nickysduck2,

Thank you so much for your interest. Your network signal strength would depend on your carrier and the towers around your area/location. Same goes with the Wi-Fi calling feature. May I know what's your service provider? I would like to help you further with this.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

01-26-2019

US

14 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 3 of 7

2020-05-27, 17:13 PM
My service provider is Consumer Cellular and I use Att towers.
Options

54 Posts

08-06-2019

US

83 Signins

1009 Page Views

• Views: 1009
  • Message 4 of 7

2020-05-27, 17:59 PM

Does the Moto G7 Power have good reception? Unfortunately, that's a rather difficult question to answer because "good" cellphone reception is dependent on so many different factors. Personally, I've had excellent coverage on T-Mobile. For several years there has been a debate over whether carrier-branded phones have better reception than unlocked phones. In theory, a carrier-branded phone should have better reception because it has been optimized to run on said carrier network. If you plan on purchasing the Moto G7 Power through your carrier, remember to ask about the return policy. Your carrier should allow you to return the device if you're not satisfied with any aspect of it including cellphone reception. As far as Wifi Calling is concerned, this feature is totally dependent upon your carrier. For example, Verizon's native Wifi & Video Calling feature is only available on two unlocked phones, the iPhone and Pixel series. All other unlocked devices will be incompatible with those two features. Unfortunately if you desire to use Wifi Calling, you'll need to purchase a Verizon-branded phone. You can find several Motorola devices listed on Verizon's official website. Personally this is one of the main reasons why I use all of my unlocked devices on T-Mobile. Every single feature(HD Voice, VoLTE, Video Calling, Wifi Calling) works right out of the box without a hassle.

Options

5 Posts

05-28-2020

US

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 7

2020-05-28, 3:59 AM
Personally I have noticed that it depends on the Service Providers signal type. LTE - Excellent signal strength 3G - Moderate signal strength 2G - 0-2 bars indoors, 0-3 bars outdoors with dips in strength for no reason. Hope I can make a call without dropping. MMS text only. 5 minute webpage load time. No Data - Excellent signal strength. MMS text only. When I am on a network that is not my own Service Provider all the signal strengths are the same, just my data speed is cut in half or non-existent.
Options

9158 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1046 Signins

140037 Page Views

• Views: 140037
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-05-28, 13:53 PM

Hi team,

@Presto8, Thanks a lot for sharing your insights. That's a good information.

@Nickysduck2, Unfortunately, we have no way to tell if the phone will have a good reception, and as for the Wi-Fi calling, the phone does not support WiFi calling on Consumer Cellular. 

@Obie-Wan, Are you experiencing anything that's not working properly? I'd like to help.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

54 Posts

08-06-2019

US

83 Signins

1009 Page Views

• Views: 1009
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-05-30, 0:24 AM

Hello Agent_Rich. I can't say enough good things about the Moto G Power and the Moto G Stylus. Motorola has done an outstanding job listening to their customers. They continue to give us great phones at affordable prices By the way, will the Moto One Fusion be released in the United States? Is Motorola still releasing a "gaming phone" this year? I'm so excited to be part of the Motorola family. Cheers :-)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete