Options

17 Posts

04-22-2018

US

13 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 1 of 2

Factory reset on Moto g7, can I prevent Android 10 install?

2020-08-02, 11:41 AM
I installed Android 10 and hate it. If I do a factory reset, can I prevent an automatic install of Android 10 during the restart? How do I stop the automatic installation of all updates (system and security)? I would like to return to the Android 9 February security update. My phone worked great then. Also, have it set up for backup to Drive, and there are NO BACKUPS there! All my other phones backup regularly, and I know how to set it up. After the April update it started crashing and running slow. Even have trouble getting online, and apps crash. After the Android 10 install, the battery and Ram saving apps use more battery and Ram than they save! Want my phone back. It has 4GB Ram, but acts like it only has 2GB after update and 10 install. Not happy anymore.
Options

1972 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1755 Signins

27013 Page Views

• Views: 27013
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Factory reset on Moto g7, can I prevent Android 10 install?

2020-08-02, 14:59 PM

I'm afraid once an update has been implemented the Operating system is replaced and there's no easy way of going back.

However with any OTA update I always back up my stuff and do a Factory reset anyway and when the new install ask to automatically re-install backups I say,"No" and skip them and add back everything myself.

To make sure I don't lose anything I use this app before I do and Google Photos to Sync and save my photos/videos to the cloud

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts&hl=en_GB

And to be double safe I copy the Super Backup folder from the phone to my Laptop just in case before I do the Factory reset.

Note: It's not just Motorola Android phones that can fall over from these updates and a fresh start with the updated O/S as above usually cures all ills :)

HTH :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete