12-22-2019

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 4

G7 Play - DO NOT BUY

2020-01-24, 15:24 PM

I purchased this to replace a G7 play that had bad audio but cracked screen before I could return it. It actually cost less to purchase the new phone than the repair cost. This was my second G7 and same problem with audio and dropped this one also and the screen shattered. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE..... If you do buy this phone do not EVER drop it or the screen will crack or shatter. I have been using Moto phones for over 25 years and I will say this if the first MOTO that has been an issue. The sceen on G7 Play is very fragile so be careful. I have contacted support but it seems they do not really care and always seem less than helpful.

Options

96 Posts

08-30-2018

US

536 Signins

9112 Page Views

• Views: 9112
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G7 Play - DO NOT BUY

2020-01-24, 21:23 PM

Hello jusgus,

I'm sorry to hear about your device. I know this is a difficult situation. Unfortunately, when the screen is cracked, we can’t just fix the audio issue and will need to address the broken screen when the unit is disassembled.

I'd like to help you further with getting the device repaired.  I've sent you a private message, when you have a moment can you please take a look at it.

Best regards,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

11 Posts

05-11-2019

BR

8 Signins

136 Page Views

• Views: 136
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-25, 15:04 PM

g7 play's screen is so much fragible, have caution or you'll be disappointed.

Options

34 Posts

10-27-2019

US

107 Signins

711 Page Views

• Views: 711
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-25, 17:35 PM

I've dropped my G7 Play a couple times with no issues. But then, I use a good protective case and a screen protector, neither of which the OP mentioned using on the phones that were dropped. I also have a G6 which has a glass back and about as fragile as you can get, and because it's well protected with a good military drop test rated case and screen protector, it's just fine after a couple minor drops. All exposed glass is fragile, as are electronic devices in general, so we owners/users have to take on the responsibility of protecting our investments as best we can. From my personal experience, the G7 Play is a good budget phone with some nice features, I've had no issues with it, and contrary to the title of this thread, I would recommend it for those on a budget.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with Motorola or Lenovo, just a forum member.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save