HU

243 Signins

1829 Page Views

• Views: 1829
  • Message 1 of 5

G7 Plus: Mobile network standby battery drain

2019-03-18, 9:12 AM

Hey,

The battery life is great when looking at the screen on time, but if I don't use my phone it just keeps draining the battery.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

"Mobile network standby" usually drains about 3%/2 hours, which is way too much. It drains about 12-13% after 8 hours. If I turn on airplane mode (keep wi-fi off too) it still drains about 7% in 8 hours.

Now I removed the sim card charged to 100% and didn't touch the phone for 2 hours and after 2 hours it's already down to 97% (wi-fi was on).

How can "Mobile network standby" drain my battery even if I don't even have a SIM card in my phone?

Wi-fi and bluetooth scanning is turned off.

I'm on "reteu", build number: PPW29.98-66

I tested old my Moto X Pure and it only drained 1% in 3 hours with sim card in, and wi-fi on.

Options

3410 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3070 Signins

62536 Page Views

• Views: 62536
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: G7 Plus: Mobile network standby battery drain

2019-03-18, 19:03 PM

wrote:

Hey,

The battery life is great when looking at the screen on time, but if I don't use my phone it just keeps draining the battery.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

"Mobile network standby" usually drains about 3%/2 hours, which is way too much. It drains about 12-13% after 8 hours. If I turn on airplane mode (keep wi-fi off too) it still drains about 7% in 8 hours.

Now I removed the sim card charged to 100% and didn't touch the phone for 2 hours and after 2 hours it's already down to 97% (wi-fi was on).

How can "Mobile network standby" drain my battery even if I don't even have a SIM card in my phone?

Wi-fi and bluetooth scanning is turned off.

I'm on "reteu", build number: PPW29.98-66

I tested old my Moto X Pure and it only drained 1% in 3 hours with sim card in, and wi-fi on.

I can't say for sure if there is an issue here or not, but it's possible that what you're seeing is normal. For example, in the 2nd screenshot, the phone drained 3% to 97% of that 3%, 2% was from mobile standby, which doesn't equate to much drain at all. I'd like to have someone take a look from my end so if you can. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI or serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

46 Posts

02-15-2011

HU

243 Signins

1829 Page Views

• Views: 1829
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-03-18, 19:23 PM

Yes, you can do anything, not a problem.

I updated my settings (I had a good laugh, that the G7 Plus is right above the X Pure (my previous device), it can't be a coincidence :) ).

Options

3410 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3070 Signins

62536 Page Views

• Views: 62536
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-03-18, 19:48 PM

wrote:

Yes, you can do anything, not a problem.

I updated my settings (I had a good laugh, that the G7 Plus is right above the X Pure (my previous device), it can't be a coincidence :) ).

Thanks for updating your profile. I've sent everything over on my end. I'll let you know once I hear back from them.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

15 Posts

04-03-2019

DE

15 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-04-03, 15:53 PM

Same here. Overnight it looses up to 13%. Even right after charging it looses 2% in a few minutes without doing anything. GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular all shut off. I'm going to test it with NFC off, but mobile "network standby" is still the biggest drainer, even when I'm home and cell. data is off.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete