Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics

G7 Plus: NFC Battery Drain?

2019-03-20, 13:14 PM

Hi, picked up my G7 Plus the other day and after setting it up how I wanted, I noticed on the first full day use - from a 100% charge the night before (with data and wifi off overnight) it was already down to 90% by morning.

During day, with minimal usage - just a few emails, checking social, and no use of any streaming services - battery was down below 40% by end of day. Not good when I didn't do much.

So I had a look around settings and turned off NFC (as I don't currently use it) - so same scenario: full charge before bed... and only 2% down by morning. Another day with minimal usage (plus a few mins playing games), end of day it was down to just 78% - much better.

I'm blaming NFC, but wondered if anyone else noticed a difference with it on and off?

Options

2024 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2895 Signins

51526 Page Views

• Views: 51526
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G7 Plus: NFC Battery Drain?

2019-03-20, 15:20 PM

wrote:

Hi, picked up my G7 Plus the other day and after setting it up how I wanted, I noticed on the first full day use - from a 100% charge the night before (with data and wifi off overnight) it was already down to 90% by morning.

During day, with minimal usage - just a few emails, checking social, and no use of any streaming services - battery was down below 40% by end of day. Not good when I didn't do much.

So I had a look around settings and turned off NFC (as I don't currently use it) - so same scenario: full charge before bed... and only 2% down by morning. Another day with minimal usage (plus a few mins playing games), end of day it was down to just 78% - much better.

I'm blaming NFC, but wondered if anyone else noticed a difference with it on and off?

I'd like to look into this further. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Also, can you please share a bug report when you encounter the battery drain. (Steps Below)

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save