US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

G7 Power Peek Display Brightness make my eye painful

2020-01-23, 16:02 PM

I'm using moto g7 power and the behavior of peek display make my eye painful:

1. when i pick up my phone, it will automatically in peek display mode, and the brightness is high

2. when in the peek display screen, if I unlock the phone with fingerprint, the brightness still high, and then took around 0.5 seconds the brightness drop back to normal (G7 power use LCD display, this behavior will not occor on AMOLED device)

Since peek display not using the system brightness, the high brighteness make my eye painful.

If I disable peek display, when i receive notification, I will only hear notification sound, and the screen will maintain off unless I manualy turn on the display, so disable peek display will make me miss some important notification.

please fix this.

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G7 Power Peek Display Brightness make my eye painful

2020-01-23, 20:59 PM

Hi Chakyu,

Are you using adaptive brightness? If so, this will automatically adjust your brightness based on your environment/activities. You can simply turn this off in the Settings > Display > Adaptive brightness > Toggle off adaptive brightness. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-23-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-01-23, 21:55 PM

Thanks for your reply, I've tried disabled adaptive brightness, but the problem still there, as I said, is the default brightness of peek display page, the LCD panel was forced to be at a fix high brightness, then after unlock the display need a linear time to drop back to normal brightness, this is the Moto display software issue

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-24, 15:28 PM

Hi Chakyu,

We have tried replicating and observing this behavior however we're not able to duplicate this far as those things you mentioned. Can you please send a video showing the sudden brightness adjustment? Also, a screenshot of your display settings would be helpful. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save