Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G7 Familymoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

09-11-2020

GB

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 6

G7 Power after Android 10 update, Microphone V. Feint

2020-09-11, 18:20 PM

Since receiving Android 10, when making or receiving phone calls my microphone is very very feint. Tested Microphone in Device Diagnostics, Hardware Test and Microphone is OK. Tried rebooting to Safe Mode and microphone then OK on phone calls. I have an O2 and a Vodafone SIM, the same applies to both networks, it makes no difference if both SIMs are inserted or either inserted one at a time.

UPDATE:  I think I've cracked it. I had Cube ACR app installed, which records all calls, it had worked fine in Android 9. It recorded my voice loud and clear even though the other party could not hear me. I uninstalled Cube ACR and now my phone calls are all OK.  

Options

3 Posts

09-12-2020

US

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:G7 Power after Android 10 update, Microphone V. Feint

2020-09-12, 14:44 PM

I have a similar issue with microphone/signal strength following the Android 10 upgrade.  So much so, that I can't use my mobile phone from home and many other locations where I previously could. Unfortunately, I don't know what my signal strength was prior to the upgrade but it is now -122dBm compared to -112 on my wife's moto e plus which is running an older Android version..

I also successfully ran the microphone diagnostic - no issues - and removed the ACR Cube I had installed.  That didn't solve my problem, nor does safe mode seem to make any difference.

I am now in the process of removing apps and checking microphone/signal strength after every uninstall.  If this doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to have to perform a reset and hope that works. 

UPDATE:

I performed a factory reset and tested the phone prior to installing any apps.  Unfortunately, there was no improvement to signal strength and microphone quality as both remain extremely poor.  I can hear other parties perfectly, but they don't hear me well. I wish I could go back to Android 9 and a usable phone. Has anyone gone backwards from Android 10 to 9 successfully? Details/guidance would be appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

09-12-2020

GB

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-09-12, 22:52 PM

I have the same problem after Android 10 update on Moto g7 power, other party cannot hear me. Really annoying as it is critical I have a phone. Also keeps freezing.

UPDATE.

I too uninstalled Cube and now other party can hear me perfectly. 

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Views: 149998
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-09-14, 12:45 PM

Hi Steko21,

Have you contacted your carrier regarding this? Can you duplicate the same behavior while using third-party apps like Messenger? WhatsApp?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

09-12-2020

US

6 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-09-14, 20:01 PM

Agent Rich,

I have not tried duplicating the behavior using third party apps.  I will contact my carrier (Net10).  If they can't help with the problem I will switch to a carrier that  supports Wi-Fi calling.  The Wi-Fi capabilities will at least allow me to use the phone while at home. 

It appears from talking to a local repair shop that reverting to Android 9 is not an option. So, if none of this works, I'll go to the nuclear option of a new phone from a different manufacturer and new carrier.

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Views: 149998
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-09-15, 13:28 PM

Hi Steko21,

Alright, I believe G7 Power has a WiFi calling on TMO, but if that is the case, please don't hesitate to post. We're here to help. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete