03-25-2019

US

4 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 1 of 3

G7 Power: lift to unlock not working correctly

2019-03-25, 21:42 PM

I have the Moto G7 Power phone which I bought yesterday. I turned on the lift to unlock feature through the moto app and I left all the settings at their defaults. For the first few times that I used the lift to unlock feature, it was working flawlessly. When I lifted the phone to my face, the screen turned on and then it showed the lock screen briefly like 1 second before it automatically went to the home screen. But after the phone was sitting for 30 minutes to an hour without use, I started to have a problem. When I lifted the phone to my face this time, the screen came on and the lock screen was shown, but the lock screen stayed on and it did not go automatically to the home screen. I had to manually swipe the lock screen to go to the home screen. Why isn't it going to the home screen automatically now? 

To fix the problem, I disabled lift to unlock and cleared the lift to unlock app cache. Then I restarted the phone and re-enabled lift to unlock. It was working flawlessly again where the lock screen would automatically go to the home screen, but after an hour, it started to have the same problem where the lock screen wouldn't automatically go to the home screen. I have to manually swipe the lock screen to go to the home screen. 

How do I fix this? Is this a software bug? I have my home address as a trusted place in the settings. Could this be causing the problem? I dought this is causing the problem since it happens like after 30 min to an hour of phone idling or use. By the way, I even tried factory resetting the phone but the problem comes back after 30 min to an hour. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Options

2 Posts

03-25-2019

US

4 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 2 of 3

Lift to unlock feature not working correctly

2019-03-25, 17:14 PM

I have the moto g7 power phone. I turned on the lift to unlock feature through the moto app and I left all the lift to unlock settings at their defaults. For the first few times I used the lift to unlock feature, it was working flawlessly. When I lifted the phone to my face, the screen turned on and then it showed the lock screen briefly like 1 second before it automatically went to the home screen. But after the phone has been sitting for 30 minutes to an hour without use, I have a problem. When I lift the phone to my face, the screen comes on and the lock screen is shown, but this time the lock screen stays on and it does not go automatically to the home screen. I have to manually swipe the lock screen to go to the home screen. Why isn't it going to the home screen automatically now? 

To fix the problem, I disabled lift to unlock and cleared the lift to unlock app cache. Then I restarted the phone and re-enabled lift to unlock. It was working again where the lock screen would automatically go to the home screen, but after an hour, it started to have the same problem where the lock screen wont automatically go to the home screen. I had to manually swipe the lock screen to give to the home screen. 

How do fix this? Is this a software bug? I have my home address as a trusted place in the settings. Could this be causing the problem? I dought this is causing the problem since it happens like 30 min to an hour after phone idling or use.

Options

Re: G7 Power: lift to unlock not working correctly

2019-03-26, 3:07 AM

Face unlocking need to have surrounding light to unlock it.

Unlock it at certain place, using GPS and WiFi to get location takes time.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete