09-26-2019

US

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 4

G7+ System Update

2019-09-26, 16:02 PM

I'm getting ready to buy a new G7 Plus (international version) from Amazon to use in the US on a GSM network. Can anyone tell me if it will end up getting the new Android version 10 at some point?

Options

4 Posts

09-26-2019

US

6 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G7+ System Update

2019-09-26, 18:24 PM
I have a new G7 since June and my phone, after several updates is still running Android 9. I have to say I am incredibly unhappy with my phone -like I have never ever been before with any phone- the reason being is so simple and basic: the interface for dialing numbers is awful: I must click on a keypad icon to enlarge it to make a call, then I must shrink it in order to get to the screen where I turn on the speaker (which I use all the time to avoid having my phone against my brain), then the speaker has a delay of like 3-5 seconds so I am constantly asking the other party to start over, If that is not bad enough, if anything changes on my phone while I am on a call, I have sort through many screens to get back to the phone screen, but even that is not enough: I then have to choose from a list of 3 options to "return to the call in progress" (!) Do you have any idea what a royal pain this is when using your phone for work (which constantly has one say looking something up while on a conference call, or receiving a text, etc. ). AND if that is not enough, the phone then defaults back to a screen that you cannot change as the default: this screen has an icon for all of your recent calls- barely waft your finger over any of these icons, and you are immediately making a call to that person, again! I have never ever made so many pocket dials in my life as I do now with this freaken phone! And it is all due to their faulty interface of not having a dedicated keypad as the default go to when I click on the phone/call icon, and not keeping that dedicated keypad active on the same screen as the speaker button, the mute button and hold button. Btw, the mute and hold bottons engage all the time with my fumbling- it truly is ridiculous- and once again a problem I never had with any other phone, And once again to make matters worse, when you see that you inadvertently put someone on hold by mistake, you click the button to unhold them, and nothing happens- so you hit it again. This is the delay- you take them off hold, and nothing happens for 3-5 sec, making you think in that time that your button didn't engage- it did- so when you re-hit it, there they go again, being on hold . Truly this interface with the calling is a nightmare and why I am getting rid of this phone - it is an absolute deal breaker, it is that bad! The only thing good about this phone is the battery life.
Options

1 Posts

03-24-2020

CA

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

G7+ System Update

2020-03-24, 0:16 AM
i am being offered the 10 upgrade by my phone bought thru BestBuy online, but it is in Spanish. support told me how to change it to being in English but I am wary. Also she said the updates after that might come in spanish too. Anyone seen it in English?
Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:G7+ System Update

2020-03-24, 20:37 PM

Hi beedub,

I appreciate your interest. However, we don't have Moto G7 Plus in Canada. If you concern is about getting software updates, you might not receive it when using a phone outside the region where it is intended for sale. Checkout available G lines on our website. Here's the link.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save