02-05-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

G7 Wifi Issues with Apps

2020-09-23, 16:58 PM

I am having issues with WIFI and my G7 with certain apps.   Some apps will not load any content when on wifi (Twitter, Google News, ESPN, among others).  When connected to wifi they do not load content.  My wife has the same issue on her Moto One.  She can't even get web pages to load on google.  Turn off wifi and everything is working, leave it on and things don't load.  

Options

1951 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1746 Signins

26858 Page Views

• Views: 26858
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:G7 Wifi Issues with Apps

2020-09-23, 19:03 PM

Write down any WiFi logins you/she uses and then go into the Phone settings and usually in the Backup and Reset option find the Network/Bluetooth/WiFi reset option and take that and then restart the phone.

HTH :)

Options

10897 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Views: 153510
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-09-23, 19:23 PM

Hi jaywelby34,

I would also like to assist you. Can you please confirm if you're seeing an exclamation mark on the WiFi icon? That could mean your WiFi doesn't have internet. Try rebooting your router and see if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

02-05-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-09-23, 19:31 PM

I have seen both.  It will tell me I am connected to the network but no internet.  Then when I am connected with internet things won't load or won't load content.  I have tried resetting network adapter, reset modem.  

Options

10897 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-09-24, 15:40 PM

Hi jaywelby34,

Does it happen with mobile data? Can you quick test your WiFi while the phone is in safe mode? Try browsing in Chrome and streaming in Youtube. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

09-24-2020

AI

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-09-24, 15:53 PM

Hi friends

I'm facing issue in connecting my G7 with wifi. I'm facing this issue from last week. Can anyone guide me. What is problem is this. I can identified that what is this problem. I did face this type of problem before. I have manage my website on G7 but to wifi connecting issue, i'm unable to manage my website [removed]. Please help me to solve this issue. 

Thanks! 

Options

3 Posts

02-05-2020

US

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-09-24, 21:33 PM

Does not happen with mobile data, only when connected to wifi.  If I switch wifi off everything loads just fine.  I have a 2.4 and 5 ghz network.  Sometimes one will be just fine and then a day later the phone doesn't like that one so I switch and it works for a short time.  MY wife's phone rarely works at all.  Won't even load web sites on chrome.

Options

10897 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-09-25, 13:54 PM

Hi jaywelby34, Robert Valdez

I would like to raise this. Please help with the following.

1. Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. See here for the instruction. 

2. I also need a WiFi bug report. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

3. Lastly, provide WiFI Make/Model/Security/Band for your router.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete