Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 51 of 75

Re:G7 Won't Connect to JBL Mini Reflect 2 on Bluetooth

2020-04-09, 16:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to make sure we follow these instructions:

1. Factory Reset the headset

Steps:
a. Turn on the headset
b. Press at the same time Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons for 5 seconds until hearing a tone and LED blinks (Device will turn off automatically)
c. Turn it ON and try to pair again

2. Reset network settings on the phone. Please be advised that this option will forget all saved Wi-Fi networks and paired Bluetooth Accessories

Steps:
a. Go to System > Advanced > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth > Reset Settings
b. Turn it ON and try to pair again

When the headset is on pairing mode it says "Power ON", "Looking for device", "Battery level" and keeps blinking blue and red lights.

Note: Make sure there's no other Bluetooth devices paired from both phone and headset, before establishing a connection. 

Once we have done that, let me know and generate a bug report right after it fails connecting.

Bluetooth Bug Report:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport on the forums via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-14-2020

Argentina

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 52 of 75

2020-04-14, 23:04 PM
Hi! Can you repeat step by step what you did? Cause I cannot find the path on my g7 to do it. Thanks
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 53 of 75

2020-04-20, 19:59 PM

Hi Raisha zl,

May I know which steps are you not seeing on your phone? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

05-28-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 54 of 75

2020-05-28, 18:22 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with an Android running 10.0. my wife's old pair of contour 2 works just fine. In fact I like them so much I've decided to get myself a pair. The new headphones do not show up as an option when pairing. My wife's older set which we got last October work just fine. I followed all of the steps you listed twice and it still doesn't work.
Options

2 Posts

04-14-2020

Argentina

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 55 of 75

2020-05-30, 22:41 PM
Hi. Here again. I can't manage to get the step 9 done and still can make my g7 connect to the headphones. Are you anywhere near to find a solution?
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 56 of 75

2020-06-01, 17:57 PM

Hi Raisha zl,

If you have a Files app you can upload the bug report there, but if no, just upload it in your Google Drive and kindly share the link with me here on forums. We need the bug report so we can further investigate. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

5 Posts

07-05-2020

Netherlands

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 57 of 75

2020-07-05, 11:44 AM

@Agent_Rich any update on this issue? I recently bought 2 JBL Reflect Mini 2 headsets and both won't connect to my Moto G5 Plus and the Moto G8 of my wife. They just won't even show up in the list of available devices when they are in pairing mode. I can connect them without issue to our Samsung Galaxy Tab A from 2019 without a problem and also a Samsung S6 can connect to them as well.

Options

17 Posts

10-22-2019

United States of America

27 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 58 of 75

2020-07-06, 13:41 PM

I couldn't get the headphones to work with my new Dell XPS either so I'm starting to believe the problem is with JBL. 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 59 of 75

2020-07-06, 16:53 PM

Hi urk_forever,

Thanks for posting on this thread. We need a new bug report from users so we can further investigate. Also, please try the above instruction I provided here. If you can send one, I will share it with the team. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

5 Posts

07-05-2020

Netherlands

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 60 of 75

2020-07-06, 19:54 PM

@Agent_Rich i have already created a bug report and I will send it to you. But the btsnoop_hci.log file is never generated. From what I have found a Python script should be used to get the bluetooth logs from the main bugreport. The name of the script is btsnooz.py.

I will send the bug report to you. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms