03-19-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

G7 power

2020-03-19, 2:08 AM
I have a question about a g7 power I purchased last year for my mother to have as a extra phone , I bought it direct from the motorola website because I wanted her to have a spare phone in case something happened to her motorola she currently has . it seems like most phones start having issues after about 2 years, so I bought a G7 as a spare, Her current phone started acting up last week and she couldnt text so she took the new phone to verizon and told them she had the new phone and just needed the sim card put in and make sure it was good to use, when they turned it on out of the box the screen lock was on so they said they couldnt activate it and tried 0000 1111 and a few numbers and I think were locked out, I have my receipt showing that I got it from. Motorola but they told her it was refurbished possibly since the screen lock was activated even tho it was supposed to be new, I told her to send it to me and If I could return it or if I can get it going that's fine also, does anyone have any ideas, I got a case number from Motorola and was supposed to be contacted but I havent heard anything yet in a email on what to do. Thanks. Don
Options

9635 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1069 Signins

143608 Page Views

• Views: 143608
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:G7 power

2020-03-19, 19:42 PM

Hi Donmow,

Question, where did you purchase the phone? Sounds like a secondhand device if it has a security lock screen right out of the box. You can try doing external reset, see here for the instruction and some reminders. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

03-19-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2020-03-19, 20:34 PM
Hi Rich, I bought the phone direct from the motorola website where I have bought other phones and never seen anything about it being refurbished or used, I have always kept a spare phone for myself as well as my Mother just because they last a couple years and when a issue comes up all I have to do is switch my sim card in the past and I am up and going again, since it had never been taken out of the box from. Motorola until my mother took it to verizon to have them switch the sim card and activate it I dont know how it could ha e a screen lock out of the box and that's when the verizon store said we may have been sold a refurbished one even tho it was advertised as new, so I a. Having her send it to me and I will have to see if I can figure it out or just get a other phone since she is without a phone until the problem is resolved.
Options

2 Posts

03-19-2020

US

3 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-03-19, 20:41 PM
I will try what you suggested after I get it in the mail, if it doesnt work I will just order her another phone and hope it doesnt have any issues, this is the first new phone I have got from motorola that I have ever had a problem with and have always been happy with there product.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete