05-04-2019

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

GoogleFi is not transcribing my voicemails

2020-01-22, 21:17 PM

I'm on a Moto G7 with an up to date Android version 9, everything stock, using the google Phone app and GoogleFi app.

I can not get a transcript of my voicemails. When someone leaves me a voicemail, I get the correct notification, and I can see and listen to the voicemail in the Phone app, but no transcript is ever there --- in fact, there is always a message that says, "No transcript available".

I spoke for over an hour with Google's chat support, and got nowhere. He had me turn on my "voicemails by text" option in the GoogleFi app, but I still didn't get a transcript. I just got an SMS message telling me that a voicemail was available with a note that read, "No transcript available". :\

I cleared the cache and storage on my Phone app at his direction -- no change, not fixed.

I cleared the cache and storage on my GoogleFi app -- no change, not fixed.

In the end, he wanted me to factory reset my entire phone, but couldn't guarantee that would even fix the issue. Any one have an experience with this problem, or any ideas?

Options

8623 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1020 Signins

135277 Page Views

• Views: 135277
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: GoogleFi is not transcribing my voicemails

2020-01-24, 21:23 PM

Hi aeschylus47,

I would go with the suggestion they provided to you. If you can't get into your voicemail and your carrier has checked all the necessary steps making sure all the transcript are saved then a factory data reset will help restore all the previous settings of the device back to its default settings. You may have to contact them back once you reset the phone and have them help you set up your voicemail again. If you need further help on how to reset your phone kindly check this link. Keep in mind that this procedure will delete all your files and data, kindly back them up before doing the reset so you won't lose them. Don't restore your backup yet until you have tested your voicemail and made sure everything is up and running. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

12-05-2019

US

25 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: GoogleFi is not transcribing my voicemails

2020-02-19, 19:59 PM

Which flavor of Voice do you have? The consumer version or part of GSuite?

If the consumer, there is no phone support, but there is help at the Google Voice Support Forum. There are configuration options on GV that may be the issue.

Update:

I read this again. GV still makes transcripts, but they stopped sending them by SMS.

Here is why:

1. GV # gets a robocall
  2. GV transcribes it
  3. GV sends it to you via SMS 
  4. Other carriers (especially one using a vowel early in the alphabet and a later consonant..) regard it as SMS spam, and start blocking all GV->you SMS,
  5. You are unhappy.

You can see the transcripts at your GV page and/or have them emailed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save