Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G7 Familymoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-14-2020

IE

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Halved battery life on G7 Power after updating to Android 10

2020-09-14, 18:31 PM

Hello,

After updating to Android 10 on my Moto G7 Power, the time my phone lasts for on battery seems to have halved, from lasting roughly 5 days to just over 2.

Looking at the "Battery usage since full charge" in the Android settings, since the update there is an app labeled "-5" that has used a higher percentage of my battery life more than most apps (or more if I haven't used my phone much). Android cannot tell how long it has ran (While in active use: Used for 0 mins).

When dialing the phone information code *#*#4636#*#*, the only app that's in constant use (with the last used time always being the time I opened the phone information screen) is the Moto App Launcher, with a fairly high usage time. I don't use the Moto App Launcher, but instead use the Microsoft Launcher.

I have not recently installed any other apps, and that "-5" app never appeared before the update. I have restarted the phone with no change. Turning off mobile data seems to stop the drain happening, but I'd rather keep it on like I was able to before the update.

Solved! See the solution
Options

158 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

113 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Views: 2060
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Halved battery life on G7 Power after updating to Android 10

2020-09-14, 20:56 PM

The "-5" is, I believe, when you have set up a hotspot.

Your new OS may need time to bed in. Android 10 does have a lot to tweak including battery options.
I would only be concerned if after a week or two it seems to be draining faster than it did before.

My G7 Power updated to A10 five days ago - as the update insisted I connect to charger, I did so it had a full charge by the time the update finished.
Not needed to charge it since then and it's showing 50% with 5 hrs 10 mins SOT.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

09-14-2020

IE

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Halved battery life on G7 Power after updating to Android 10

2020-09-15, 3:59 AM

Thank you. I'll leave it for a bit then.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete