11-18-2019

US

32 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 1 of 8

Hands-Free Problems with Moto G7 Play

2019-11-18, 22:06 PM

I'm having trouble with my phone when using hands-free devices and would like to know whether that's a known issue with the G7 Play or whether there's a possibility my product might be defective. Both of the hands-free devices are very standard single-earbud+mic headphones (jack, not Bluetooth) that worked perfectly well a couple months ago with my previous phone (also a Moto), and the phone problem is the same regardless of which of them I use. If there is ANY background noise, driving, for example, or even a fan running in the room, the sound cuts out. The best way I can describe it is like speakerphone where the sound cuts out when it detects noise. For all practical purposes, I am unable to use this phone when driving, which is very disappointing.

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Views: 135687
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Hands-Free Problems with Moto G7 Play

2019-11-20, 17:36 PM

Hi PDub81,

Sounds an uncommon instance, thanks for posting though. We're doing some testing on this, can you please try using a different stereo headset instead? See if you can duplicate the same behavior. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-18-2019

US

32 Signins

114 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re: Hands-Free Problems with Moto G7 Play

2020-03-12, 18:12 PM
This continues to be a problem as described above. I have now tried four different hands-free devices, two of them brand new. To avoid any possible misunderstanding, these are all 3.5mm MONO earphones. I have no interest in using a STEREO headset while driving.
Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

Re:Hands-Free Problems with Moto G7 Play

2020-03-23, 19:13 PM

Hi PDub81,

I understand you don't like to use stereo while driving, but just to test, while not driving, can you use a stereo headset and let me know if you can duplicate the same behavior? 

Also, please confirm the make and model of the headset and update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction.

I also need a bug report so I can escalate this.

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-18-2019

US

32 Signins

114 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-04-03, 3:15 AM

I just sent you a private message.

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-04-03, 16:20 PM

Hi PDub81,

Thank you for getting back to me. I just received it. I'll share the details with the team. I will let you know what we'll find out. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-18-2019

US

32 Signins

114 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-05-04, 20:33 PM

I know things are crazy for everyone with the pandemic going on, but it's been over a month since you said you would get back to me.  This is ridiculous!

Options

8675 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1022 Signins

135687 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-05-06, 13:38 PM

Hi PDub81,

Unfortunately, I don't have any update yet on this. I apologize for that, I'll dig the team further. I have all the details forwarded to them and I will let you know soon as I have an update. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save