Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 1 of 5

Help required for Bluetooth and saving received photos/files and moving photos from internal memory to SD card.

2020-03-09, 12:42 PM

Hi, 

When I receive a picture via Bluetooth I have not found a way of saving the photo in the on my SD card.  I can see about 12 files in Bluetooth received but there does not seem to be the option to save to the SD card like the option in Windows when you receive via Bluetooth.

I have used my Moto G7 Power for a few months without an SD card so all my pictures are in the internal memory. How do I move them to the SD card.  I thought this would be simple but I can't see how to do it. Bluetooth received seems to hold a list of received files for a long time. If I manage to save the files to my SD card how can I clear the received list.

I have only used Bluetooth to connect music to a speaker until now so my knowledge is basic. 

Solved! See the solution
Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Help required for Bluetooth and saving received photos/files and moving photos from internal memory to SD card.

2020-03-09, 19:10 PM

Hi Figgerty1,

Thanks for posting. Do you have Files app by Google? If no, kindly download it from Play Store, just search Files by Google. You can utilize that to transfer your photos from internal to SD card. Open Files app > Browse > Internal Storage > Bluetooth Folder > Tap and hold the photos > Tap 3 vertical dots > Move to.. SD card. 

You can also utilize the app to clean up your storage by clearing junk files, duplicate files, unused apps, etc. Just go to "Clean" section. Let me know if that helps. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re:Help required for Bluetooth and saving received photos/files and moving photos from internal memory to SD card.

2020-03-09, 20:29 PM

Thank you for providing simple to follow instructions. All images are now on the SD card.

I have one question . In the File folder view I still have 10 images showing in Bluetooth. Will files/photos transferred by Bluetooth always be filed under Bluetooth or can I move them to a new folder or Camera where my other photos are located. Will new images from Bluetooth be added to the current view.

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-03-10, 14:03 PM

Hi Figgerty1,

Glad you're able to move the files to your SD card. Regarding your question, all Bluetooth files will be stored in Bluetooth folder, however, you can manually move the files to a different folder, just follow the same steps I provided above but instead of moving to SD card, look for the folder where you'd like to move the file. Let me know if you need further help on that. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-03-10, 23:08 PM

Thank you. I should be OK now or will be as soon as I create a folder to move the Bluetooth files to.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save