Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 1 of 6

How do I set message signatures in moto g7 power + sending a message to a saved group of contacts

2020-03-29, 16:24 PM

I follow the instructions below but after choosing Settings, there is not  an option (4) to Add  signatures to messages or nothing similar to that.  

Android: Add Signature For Text Messages

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Press the “Menu” located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
  3. Choose “Settings“.
  4. Tap “Add signature to messages” to enable text message signatures, then tap “Edit signature text“.
  5. Type your desired signature, then select “OK“.

Everywhere I see instructions they seem to be the same as above. This looks really simple but if the menu option is not there it is just frustrating.

On my old phone I could simply add my signature once in message settings and that signature would appear on every sent message.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again on my old phone, I could select several contacts and add them to a group, save it and each time i want to send a message to all of them I would just select the group.

On my Moto G7, I can select a group conversation, then choose the individuals to include in the group message. I can then give the group a name and send that message to the contacts in the group.  That name does not seem to save for use later or if it does it is not found when I search for it in contacts. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to save the group contact name.

Solved! See the solution
Options

8604 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135187 Page Views

• Views: 135187
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:How do I set message signatures in moto g7 power + sending a message to a saved group of contacts

2020-03-30, 18:53 PM

Hi Figgerty1,

Thanks for posting. First part signatures are not an option for Google Messages app. However, you can use other 3rd party messaging apps that might have this feature. As for saving a group, this is technically possible. If you create a label in your contact app and add users to that label. Then from the contact app when you look at that label you can tap on the menu (3 dots on top right) and choose to send a message to that group of users. However, you will not see the label in the messaging app. This is stock Android behavior. Again, you might be able to use a 3rd party messaging app that offers the additional functionality you're looking for.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:How do I set message signatures in moto g7 power + sending a message to a saved group of contacts

2020-03-31, 10:33 AM
Thank you for replying. There is nothing worse than trying to do what is not possible but believving it should be easy to do. It messes with your mind. I understand about the group messaging and thank you for making it clear. As to adding a signature to messages. Everywhere I searched for adding a signature to messages in Android the instructions were the same. All the messaging apps look the same and I thought this app was the one installed on my phone after set up. Of course the setup was done using my google account. Is there a Motorola message app that adds a custom signature to every message sent.
Options

8604 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135187 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-03-31, 16:27 PM

Hi Figgerty1,

I understand the importance of this to you. My colleague has tried and tested some apps that you can try too. The following do support signatures and some group capabilities.

Handcent Next SMS
chomp SMS

Textra SMS

And here's what I've tried so far too.

Mood Messenger

QKSMS

Keep in mind that we can't guarantee the performance and the functions of these apps. Let me know if you need further help. Thanks! 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

35 Posts

08-16-2017

GB

76 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-03-31, 20:25 PM
Thank you for providing so much help. I will try them in turm. I will mark it a the solution. No need to reply, Be safe, whereever you are.
Options

8604 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1018 Signins

135187 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-04-01, 12:31 PM

Hi Figgerty1,

You're most welcome. If you need further assistance or if anything comes up, don't hesitate to post or look around the forums community. Thanks and keep safe too!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save