Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G7 Familymoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

07-09-2020

US

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 215

Lost LTE on Verizon after Android 10 upgrade on Moto G7

2020-07-09, 19:12 PM
Same exact issue but on verizon
Solved! See the solution
Options

1 Posts

07-09-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 215

Re:Lost LTE on Sprint after Android 10 upgrade on Moto G7.

2020-07-09, 20:49 PM

I have the same issue on Verizon. Verizon tech support thought I needed a new sim card, so i stopped in to get one and the problem still exists. Their solution is buying new phone. Any help is appreciated!

Options

9 Posts

07-09-2020

US

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 3 of 215

2020-07-09, 21:46 PM
I did a factory reset and it was still 10... how did you get it back to 9?
Options

3 Posts

07-11-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 215

2020-07-11, 14:06 PM

Attention Lenovo/Motorola, the Android 10 update to Moto G7 messed up the CDMA Data connection. My verizon data is now 3G. I am stuck on the road with extremely poor data speeds and this virus everywhere.

Please provide the fix ASAP!!

Options

2 Posts

07-13-2020

US

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 5 of 215

2020-07-13, 19:28 PM

I am having the same problem - can't get LTE connection on Verizon since my phone updated to Android 10 a few days ago.

Restarting in safe mode makes no difference.

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

US

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 6 of 215

2020-07-14, 1:14 AM

Just adding my voice to the choir here - I have an unlocked Moto G7 that I have been using without issue on Verizon since I purchased it in November 2019, but the Motorola Android 10 upgrade broke LTE connectivity completely. I only get 3G now, and it seems like my reception is worse than it used to be. Changing the preferred network type in Mobile Network settings from "Global" to "LTE/CDMA" or vice versa doesn't seem to do anything. It also appears that the Android 10 upgrade removed some options that used to be there - I have read that some people's problems with the Android 10 update are related to the "VoLTE" option, but that's not even listed as a choice in the Mobile Network settings anymore. 

It goes without saying that this is an unacceptable state of affairs. If I knew that the upgrade was going to essentially break my phone, I never would have upgraded. Motorola: You screwed up very badly here. Fix this problem immediately, or at least roll out a "downgrade" to Android 9 until you figure out what the problem is - something you should have done before rolling out the upgrade, but which you obviously didn't. To be clear: this is not a problem on my end. Everything was working perfectly fine until I foolishly agreed to install your broken update. 

Motorola reps: please give us a clear description of what Motorola is going to do to address this problem in the immediate future. I cannot believe that Motorola allowed this upgrade to be released and damage the phones of so many customers in such a significant way. I had heard good things about Motorola and their line of Moto G phones, which is why I purchased mine, but unless this problem is addressed ASAP I am never going to buy one of your products again. 

Options

10448 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1111 Signins

149998 Page Views

• Views: 149998
  • Message 7 of 215

Re:Lost LTE on Verizon after Android 10 upgrade on Moto G7

2020-07-14, 14:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

We're sorry to know about this. We're to help. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

I would also suggest generating a bug report. 

To capture Bug Report:

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 

Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums via private message.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

Hi void_pelican,

I just want to confirm, have you tried doing factory data reset without restore?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

07-09-2020

US

9 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 8 of 215

2020-07-14, 22:18 PM
Obviously I won't be sending a bug report because I've rolled back to Android 9 and the phone works great. I can't risk going to 10 and having my phone not work in what is clearly a widespead software issue. If there is a patch available, I will give it a shot but as is no way.
Options

7 Posts

07-14-2020

US

14 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 9 of 215

2020-07-15, 15:38 PM

Hi,

I'm impacted by this issue as well. I use a Verizon MNVO; Total Wireless.

Haven't had 4G LTE since the update.

I will PM my bug report.

Options

16 Posts

10-02-2016

US

19 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 10 of 215

2020-07-15, 20:24 PM

And what the heck is a "bug report" even gonna do? There is no "bug" -- they just completely forgot to do their JOB and include carrier/APN settings.

THERE IS NO BUG

THE ENTIRE APN SECTION AS WELL AS CARRIER SPECIFIC SETTINGS ARE GONE.

This gives me even LESS confidence because that means they don't even test their own phones. Let me guess Agent_Rich... You use an iPhone? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete