07-09-2020

US

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 21 of 372

Re:Lost LTE on Verizon after Android 10 upgrade on Moto G7

2020-07-18, 14:14 PM

AgentRich, please see attached two screen shots below of the settings options existing in Android 9 and missing after the upgrade to Android 10 on moto g7. The missing options are in red :

Options

1 Posts

07-19-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 22 of 372

MOTO G7 NOT connecting to 4G/LTE after upgrade

2020-07-19, 15:58 PM

A few weeks ago (maybe 6 weeks ago), I installed a System Update on my Motorola G7 phone. There was another system update a few days later. Soon afterwards, I noticed that my phone service was AWFUL at home, where it was never great, but at this point, I could barely make a call inside my home . Then I noticed that in other areas, where service USED TO be decent, calls would drop, websites were taking a long time to load if they loaded at all, etc. I realized that my phone was showing 3G in the upper right corner. NOT 4G or LTE. The phone is a little over a year old and is definitely 4G capable. I stopped at the local Verizon store and talked to the representatives in the store who suggested that I call Tech Support. I called Verizon Tech Support and went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps with them. Nothing. The first phone call was on 7/11. Yesterday, 7/18, I called Verizon again and was on the phone with Verizon for over an hour. I explained the problem to Tech Support, the support agent was helpful and advanced the call to Tier 2 Tech Support. I recanted the problem to "Jordan" who again asked a bunch of questions and we went through the phone settings to determine whether anything might be wrong. Per Jordan, the account looks fine, the setting appear to be appropriate. Again, NO ANSWERS. Now, I will further report that my husband, who is a truck driver, has the exact same phone, installed the exact same updates, and is experiencing the exact same issues. Yesterday we were in DE making a delivery, and experienced the exact same problems - dropped calls, only connecting to 3G, poor connection.  BUT, his electronic log device is a Verizon tablet, which was sitting right next to his phone and was connected to 4G THE ENTIRE TIME.  This would lead me to believe that SOMETHING happened during one of those 2 updates that created this problem.  Has anybody else experienced this issue??  Any suggestions?  Another note to add; when we were in the Verizon store initially, I removed my phone from the case and accidentally put it in backwards.  Unbeknownst to be, and a painful lesson I learned the hard way, when all three buttons on the side of the phone are pushed simultaneously, it initiates a factory reset.  When I put the phone back in the case backwards, all three buttons were pushed simultaneously and the phone started doing a factory reset.  Even THAT didn't help with this connection issue.  PLEASE help.  I don't want to have to buy another phone,  but I also NEED to be able to make phone calls.  Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Options

7 Posts

07-17-2020

US

19 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 23 of 372

2020-07-20, 23:08 PM
Agent-Rich: Please check your messages. I sent you a bug report on 07/17, but I don't see a response. We have two G7 phones with this same issue. Verizon tech support doesn't even know about the issue. This is a huge problem, and must be affecting many Lenovo customers with Moto G7 phones. Thank you.
Options

11321 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1159 Signins

157200 Page Views

• Views: 157200
  • Message 24 of 372

2020-07-21, 13:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for what happened. We have already reported it and teams are still working on this. Thanks for the bug report @HerbRoleknotty @UncleZ_98, I have share it with the team. I will let everyone know if I have any update regarding this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

07-17-2020

US

24 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 25 of 372

2020-07-22, 0:26 AM
Hi Agent_Rich, Thank you so much for the kind response and for the apology. Thank you for reporting this to your teams and for the update that they are working on this. We will look forward to further updates, with hopefully great news of a fix down the road. : )
Options

5 Posts

07-12-2020

US

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 26 of 372

2020-07-22, 3:50 AM
I have reset mine several times and it will not roll back to 9 how do I do this please Thank You
Options

7 Posts

07-17-2020

US

19 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 27 of 372

2020-07-22, 4:02 AM

One of our phones was just replaced via warranty, so it has Android 9. How can I prevent the update to Android 10? I want to wait until this issue is resolved?

Options

11 Posts

07-17-2020

US

24 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 28 of 372

2020-07-22, 11:21 AM

@ DavinaDouglass wrote:

I have reset mine several times and it will not roll back to 9 how do I do this please Thank You

I'm sorry that some of my earlier speculation in this thread may have been incorrect. Apparently, there is no native way to downgrade Android 10 back to Android 9 Pie. It seems that a normal Factory Data Reset will not be able to achieve this.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Apparently there are more complicated ways to downgrade the Android operating system, but they are not for tech-challenged people. The methods are somewhat complicated and perhaps a little risky. Plus, they may void your phone warranty.

I haven't yet found an exact method for the Moto G7 (perhaps there are instructions on XDA Developer's Forum to downgrade Android 10 back to Android 9 Pie).

Here are some quick references which explain the overall process (albeit for a different manufacturer and for a different phone):

Don’t like Android 10? Here’s how to downgrade Android 10 back to Android 9 Pie

removed

How to Downgrade Your Phone from Android 10 to Android 9

removed

If someone has knowledge of the exact steps needed to safely downgrade Android 10 back to Android 9 Pie for the Moto G7, please chime in!

Edited due to site rules violation- we don't allow links to sideload -Rich

Options

10 Posts

07-23-2020

US

13 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 29 of 372

2020-07-23, 8:43 AM

Just found this thread. Same issue with a G7 on Verizon that updated to Android 10. I spent 6 hours working with Verizon, went through 2 sim cards, resets, etc. Can make calls, and text via Wifi but I have no data at all. Phone is in 1x mode. 

We couldn't even get a new sim to activate in the phone. We had to activate it in another device and transfer it over. I already submitted a warranty request before I found this thread. Should I cancel the device replacement?

Options

7 Posts

07-17-2020

US

19 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 30 of 372

2020-07-23, 13:55 PM

A warranty claim won't actually fix this problem, since no one seems to know how to fix it yet. If they ship your phone back, you'll be exactly where you are now. But if they send a "like-new" replacement, it might be running Android 9. Keep in mind that a warranty claim involves shipping your phone and then waiting. The entire process could take about a week.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete