Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-12-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 14

Mic sensitivity extremely low for most things.

2021-07-12, 10:37 AM

Hello.  I just discovered last night my mic on my G7 Power isn't working properly.  Rang my parents last night and they couldn't hear me at all i.e completely silence.  Also I have to shout before it can hear me for google voice search.

Interestingly, at first when I tried to record videos the sound wouldn't work.  However, putting it into safe mode it works with the video, but still not for either calls, google voice search, or indeed the voice recorder app.

After doing a hard reset the microphone works for videos I record, despite not being in safe mode.  So, an improvement there.  However, it still doesn't work for calls, google, or  voice recorder app (voice comes out incredibly low for the voice recorder app).

OK, just in case this has relevance.  My tariff for BT expired a few days ago and I went to Lebara and inserted their sim card.  I had to unlock my phone as it was tied to BT.  I think this is the first time I've tried to call someone since inserting this Lebara sim card.  Might the Lebara sim card has done something?

Options

8290 Posts

07-06-2017

United States of America

2295 Signins

143350 Page Views

• Views: 143350
  • Message 2 of 14

Re:Mic sensitivity extremely low for most things.

2021-07-12, 18:53 PM

@ IntIan wrote:

Hello.  I just discovered last night my mic on my G7 Power isn' working properly.  Rang my parents last night and they couldn' hear me at all i.e completely silence.  Also I have to shout before it can hear me for google voice search.

Interestingly, at first when I tried to record videos the sound wouldn' work.  However, putting it into safe mode it works with the video, but still not for either calls, google voice search, or indeed the voice recorder app.

After doing a hard reset the microphone works for videos I record, despite not being in safe mode.  So, an improvement there.  However, it still doesn' work for calls, google, or  voice recorder app (voice comes out incredibly low for the voice recorder app).

OK, just in case this has relevance.  My tariff for BT expired a few days ago and I went to Lebara and inserted their sim card.  I had to unlock my phone as it was tied to BT.  I think this is the first time I' tried to call someone since inserting this Lebara sim card.  Might the Lebara sim card has done something?

Hi,

Thank you for share your comment. I will do my best to help you. I don't think the carrier can help on this issue, but I am afraid the mic hole has lint accumulated. Have you checked the mic hole? Please do it, and do the following.

Menu>Device help or help>Hardware test>Audio.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Motorola Support.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 14

2021-07-13, 13:23 PM

I had to create a new account as I found it impossible to sign in.  Must I create a new account every time I make a comment?

Anyway...

The notion that it is lint, or anything physically wrong with my microphone, is contradicted by the fact that the microphone works in safe mode, specifically when I am recording videos. (but, in safe mode as well as normal mode, people still can't here me when I ring up).

I go into more detail about this issue in a blog post I've just written. Go here.

Options

226 Posts

04-03-2018

460 Signins

3667 Page Views

• Views: 3667
  • Message 4 of 14

2021-07-13, 15:38 PM

@ IntIan2 wrote:

I had to create a new account as I found it impossible to sign in.  Must I create a new account every time I make a comment?

Anyway...

The notion that it is lint, or anything physically wrong with my microphone, is contradicted by the fact that the microphone works in safe mode, specifically when I am recording videos. (but, in safe mode as well as normal mode, people still can' here me when I ring up).

I go into more detail about this issue in a blog post I' just written. Go here.

Hi Itland, 

Thank you for providing that blog post, it was really insightful. For what I understood:

- Some days ago you unlocked your phone from BT to Lebara. 

-You started having issues with voice on calls, voice and video recording and Google voice search.

-All the issues but the issue with voice on calls disappeared while in Safe Mode.

-All the issues but the issue with voice on calls and Google voice search disappeared after a reset but before you set up your Google account again. 

- All issues came back with you set up your Google account. 

Is this correct? If that is the case, could you try your phone while in Safe Mode with a SIM card other than Lebara and let us know the results?

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2021-07-13, 15:41 PM
I will try another SIM card and from a different provider. I'll receive it in a couple of days. I'm not hopeful . .but . .you never know!
Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2021-07-13, 15:46 PM

People can't hear me when I make calls regardless of whether it's on safe mode or not. The mic is working in safe mode for the video recordings though.

Options

8290 Posts

07-06-2017

United States of America

2295 Signins

143350 Page Views

• Views: 143350
  • Message 7 of 14

2021-07-14, 17:25 PM

@ IntIan2 wrote:

People can' hear me when I make calls regardless of whether it' on safe mode or not. The mic is working in safe mode for the video recordings though.

Hi,

Thank you once again for the detail. Please, wait for my colleague's response.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Motorola Support.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2021-07-14, 19:56 PM

I received another SIM card today from talkmobile.  The problem is still there.  I've updated my blog post here. (scroll down to where it says update). It seems I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.  It's been going on for over 2.5 years and with different Motorola models!  Clearly a software problem and that still hasn't been fixed after all this time.  This is extraordinary!

Options

226 Posts

04-03-2018

460 Signins

3667 Page Views

• Views: 3667
  • Message 9 of 14

2021-07-15, 7:23 AM

@ IntIan2 wrote:

I received another SIM card today from talkmobile.  The problem is still there.  I' updated my blog post here. (scroll down to where it says update). It seems I' not the only one experiencing this problem.  It' been going on for over 2.5 years and with different Motorola models!  Clearly a software problem and that still hasn' been fixed after all this time.  This is extraordinary!

Hi Itlan2, 

We are sorry to hear the issue persists. However, we feel in the need to point out that this is not a common problem. Some users may have experienced faults close to the one you are experiencing, but the reasons may vary, as well as the solutions.

As for getting a solution to your problem, we would like to arrange a repair for your device. Would it be possible for to provide me with the following information via DM?:

-Full name. 

-Email address.

-Phone number.

-IMEI number of your device. 

-Postal address. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2021-07-15, 10:59 AM

Hello. I keep saying it wouldn't be financially viable for me to repair it. It would have to cost me £40 or so, or less. And I don't think it will?

Also I never claimed it is a *common* problem. Merely that my experience is not unique. Specifically, the one person I quote on my blog has had a sufficiently similar problem to me that it would be too implausible to suggest this is just coincidence. Given that it is the same software problem and that has lasted something like 3 years, if not more. I think this is quite bad.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms