Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

225 Posts

04-03-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

459 Signins

3662 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 3662
  • Message 11 of 14

Re:Mic sensitivity extremely low for most things.

2021-07-19, 9:06 AM

@ IntIan2 wrote:

Hello. I keep saying it wouldn't be financially viable for me to repair it. It would have to cost me £40 or so, or less. And I don't think it will?

Also I never claimed it is a *common* problem. Merely that my experience is not unique. Specifically, the one person I quote on my blog has had a sufficiently similar problem to me that it would be too implausible to suggest this is just coincidence. Given that it is the same software problem and that has lasted something like 3 years, if not more. I think this is quite bad.

Hi Intland2, 

The cost of the repair would depend on many factors. But if your device is in warranty (if it's been less than 2 years since the moment of purchase), then both the shipping labels and the repair would be free (unless physical damage is found by out technicians, but we don't think that is what is happening with your device). 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 12 of 14

2021-07-19, 12:12 PM

Hi, my mic decided to stop working a day or 2 after the 2 years (just as my 2 year BT contract ended, so I unlocked it and inserted a different SIM card.  Couple of days later I find the mic is broken).

Options

225 Posts

04-03-2018

459 Signins

3662 Page Views

• Views: 3662
  • Message 13 of 14

2021-07-19, 16:01 PM

@ IntIan2 wrote:

Hi, my mic decided to stop working a day or 2 after the 2 years (just as my 2 year BT contract ended, so I unlocked it and inserted a different SIM card.  Couple of days later I find the mic is broken).

Hi, Intland. In that case, I'm afraid the repair would be chargeable. In case you decide to go through with it, please let us know and we will arrange free shipping labels for you as a goodwill gesture. 

Kind regards, 

Sara

Options

7 Posts

07-13-2021

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 14 of 14

2021-07-19, 17:07 PM
This is literally about the 8th time I've been asked this question by a person from Moto. You all have an all-consuming obsession with repairing phones. As I keep responding *ad nauseum*, it is simply not financially viable. OK, I really need to copy this, get myself a parrot, put it in a signature?? I don't know. I'm really sick of responding to this same question. Why don't any of you believe me when I say it won't be financially viable?? Why must I keep repeating myself??
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms