Options

0 Posts

02-13-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G7: Delayed text messages, or can't receive texts messages until phone restart

2020-02-13, 20:05 PM

A search for my problem was not successful.

I have a Moto G7 running Android 9.

Sometimes my phone receives delayed text messages. When this happens usually the time between the message being sent to the message being received is 30 minutes to an hour. But recently some messages didn't come through at all until I restarted my phone.

My service provider is Freedom Mobile in southern Ontario, Canada. I have been speaking to the support people and they have done all they can and claim the problem is not on their end.

I don't think there are any problems with my SIM card because all it takes to get text messages is restarting the phone (as opposed to re-seating the SIM card in the card holder).

As far as I know the text messages that I send are working properly.

What can I do to guarantee that text messages are received properly?

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G7: Delayed text messages, or can't receive texts messages until phone restart

2020-02-14, 21:37 PM

Hi AnthonyD,

Are you using the stock Messages app? I'd like to confirm, you mentioned it works after restarting the phone, at what time did it usually occur that you're getting delayed messages? First, make sure DND is not enabled, as that might be the reason why messages were delayed. Make sure all apps are up to date in the Play Store, especially the Messages app. 

DND:

Moto app > Moto Actions > Toggle off "Flip for DND"

Settings > Sounds > Do not disturbed > Turn off now

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-13-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto G7: Delayed text messages, or can't receive texts messages until phone restart

2020-02-15, 13:00 PM

Hi Rich;

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I'm using the stock text message app, Messages.

Do Not Disturb was turned off at the time the messages we sent.

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-02-17, 15:07 PM

Hi AnthonyD,

Thanks for confirming. Let's isolate this. Make sure the Messages app is up to date in the Play Store, as well as other apps. Have you tested this in safe mode? Does it only happen with specific contact?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Observe if you'll experiencing the same behavior. Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-13-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-02-18, 0:48 AM

Thanks for responding again.

Yes, all the apps are up to date.

I will try running the phone in safe mode to see if a get any delayed text messages. It may take a while.

Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-02-18, 19:18 PM

Hi AnthonyD,

Thanks. Just let me know here how it goes. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save