04-26-2019

US

32 Signins

300 Page Views

• Views: 300
  • Message 1 of 24

Moto G7 No Mobile Data

2019-04-26, 6:49 AM

Hello, I recently purchased an unlocked Moto G7 from Best Buy. I activated the phone using a Sprint MVNO called Tello. Voice and text work fine but mobile data does not. Looking at various topics on this issue, it seems a firmware update messed up LTE on the phone.

I understand there was a recent update for verizon customers as shown by the sticky on this forum. Is the update live for any other carriers? Every time I try to update, it is unavailable. It seems that Ting customers are also having the same issue as shown by this topic: https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360029177814-Moto-G7-No-Data-CDMA . They are also a Sprint MVNO.

Options

1793 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1653 Signins

25758 Page Views

• Views: 25758
  • Message 2 of 24

Re: Moto G7 No Mobile Data

2019-04-26, 9:04 AM

Look for how to reset your Network settings.Just put Moto G7 reset Network settings into a search engine or Youtube and try that and restart the phone.

Or look for your Network settings from the carrier and manually make a new APN entry and make sure it's saved and restart the phone.

HTH :)

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 3 of 24

2019-04-26, 15:30 PM

wrote:

Hello, I recently purchased an unlocked Moto G7 from Best Buy. I activated the phone using a Sprint MVNO called Tello. Voice and text work fine but mobile data does not. Looking at various topics on this issue, it seems a firmware update messed up LTE on the phone.

I understand there was a recent update for verizon customers as shown by the sticky on this forum. Is the update live for any other carriers? Every time I try to update, it is unavailable. It seems that Ting customers are also having the same issue as shown by this topic: https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360029177814-Moto-G7-No-Data-CDMA . They are also a Sprint MVNO.

Hi Hadronaze,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear about. We would like to have more information on this.

• Could you help us with the picture of your SIM Card and SIM Card Information— New Card? Existing Card? Pre or Post Pay Account? This will help us investigate further?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

04-26-2019

US

32 Signins

300 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2019-04-26, 15:52 PM

The sim card is new as I bought it from Tello when opening an account with them. I believe it is post paid as it is a plan where I pay a certain amount every month.

Porphyrius, I tried a network reset and restarted the phone as you suggested but sadly I still have no data. Unfortunately I do not have an option to manually enter APN settings.

Options

1793 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1653 Signins

25758 Page Views

• Message 5 of 24

2019-04-26, 18:15 PM

That's strange as on a page showing how to manually enter APN settings there's an,"Advanced" section,

Is this a dual Sim Version as this might help.

https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g7/documents/MS136009

Options

3 Posts

04-26-2019

US

32 Signins

300 Page Views

• Message 6 of 24

2019-04-26, 18:56 PM

My phone is single sim. Tapping on the advanced tab showed only "Preferred network type" and "System Select" as it shows in the image I shared. My guess is there are problems happening with the Sprint network or a software bug. The MVNO I am with uses Sprint's network.

Moto G7 Power Not working with 4G/LTE

On the sprint forums, there seems to be another user who has similar issues with their Moto G7 Power. A post in that thread suggests dialing `*#*#3282#*#*` to open a hidden menu and then looking at APN settings. If internet and pam settings are blank, the user suggests it might be a software bug. My settings were blank when I tried this.

Moto G7 Power users with verizon got a recent update that fixed mobile data issues and I am wondering if a similar update is required for Sprint users. Unfortunately I have received no such update on my phone.

Re: moto g7 power on Verizon (4G/LTE)

Some Ting users are also having a similar issue. This thread suggests there is an update waiting to happen but has not yet occured. Ting also uses Sprint's network.

Moto G7 No Data CDMA

I very much appreciate your help Porphyrius. My guess is I can only wait and see if there is an update that fixes it, or return this phone and get another one. Unfortunately the window to return my phone is closing and I was hoping this issue could be fixed before then.

Options

1793 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1653 Signins

25758 Page Views

• Message 7 of 24

2019-04-27, 7:09 AM

wrote:

My phone is single sim. Tapping on the advanced tab showed only "Preferred network type" and "System Select" as it shows in the image I shared. My guess is there are problems happening with the Sprint network or a software bug. The MVNO I am with uses Sprint's network.

Moto G7 Power Not working with 4G/LTE

On the sprint forums, there seems to be another user who has similar issues with their Moto G7 Power. A post in that thread suggests dialing `*#*#3282#*#*` to open a hidden menu and then looking at APN settings. If internet and pam settings are blank, the user suggests it might be a software bug. My settings were blank when I tried this.

Moto G7 Power users with verizon got a recent update that fixed mobile data issues and I am wondering if a similar update is required for Sprint users. Unfortunately I have received no such update on my phone.

Re: moto g7 power on Verizon (4G/LTE)

Some Ting users are also having a similar issue. This thread suggests there is an update waiting to happen but has not yet occured. Ting also uses Sprint's network.

Moto G7 No Data CDMA

I very much appreciate your help Porphyrius. My guess is I can only wait and see if there is an update that fixes it, or return this phone and get another one. Unfortunately the window to return my phone is closing and I was hoping this issue could be fixed before then.

I woulld return the phone.I've never yet had an Android phone where I couldn't change/edit the Network settings so there's something not right there :/

Options

1 Posts

04-29-2019

US

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 8 of 24

2019-04-29, 3:53 AM

Same with me no LTE on ting. Motorola said there was an update to fix this issue twice but I haven't received it yet. Ting sent the MEID to Motorola and they still claimed an update was out but still none.

Options

2 Posts

06-10-2019

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 24

2019-06-10, 22:45 PM

Exact same situation here.  Although, I am on Twigby.  Also a Sprint MVNO.  Any solution to this?  Brand new phone from Best Buy, not data when not on WIFI.  Have tried everything.  About to throw in the towel and take the phone back and grab a Sam

wrote:

sumg.  Help!

Options

2 Posts

06-10-2019

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 10 of 24

2019-06-10, 22:47 PM

Same issue with a new Best Buy G7 on a Sprint MVNO.  About to take the phone back.  What a hassle! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete