Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 21 of 47

Re:Moto G7 Play - Android 10 has ruined my Motorola phone.

2020-07-10, 15:54 PM

I did a factory reset and nothing changed.  I can't make or receive calls.

Options

27 Posts

07-05-2020

Ireland

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 22 of 47

2020-07-10, 18:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, John. I've been looking at that option, and have everything backed up in case I have to do it, but I was initially going to do it thinking that it would reset me back to the start, and on Android 9. I've since learned that it resets the whole phone but keeps Android 10 in place, which is a potentially worse total package than I have now.

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 23 of 47

2020-07-10, 19:04 PM

Hi BO Moto,

For the calendar icon, we are still working on Google on how to resolve this. For now, We suggest performing a battery calibration and if it doesn't work we suggest performing a factory data reset on the phone.

To perform a battery calibration:

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

27 Posts

07-05-2020

Ireland

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 24 of 47

2020-07-10, 19:14 PM

Thanks for the reply Zeke, I'll do that battery recalibration now and keep you posted.

I really don't want to do a factory reset, I feel like that's beyond what is reasonable to do for a product I've paid for in full, and used very happily since doing that.

Can you please tell me while you're still here(the long delays on forum communication is difficult to capture urgency) what are the realistic chances of Motorola taking responsibility for this debacle and issuing a rollback of the 'update'? I haven't been able to get a straight answer to that, or to the question of who is legally responsible for what's been done to my phone? Can you please answer those two questions while you're here?

Options

27 Posts

07-05-2020

Ireland

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 25 of 47

2020-07-10, 19:22 PM

Apologies Zeke, I read that as factory reset, I missed 'data' somehow, sorry about that. 

I've already done a data reset, it's one of the first things I tried when my phone started to act up after the so-called 'update'.

Options

2 Posts

07-10-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 26 of 47

2020-07-10, 23:45 PM

Hello Zeke,

Can you also address the issue I am having since the Adroid 10 download?  I am unable to make or receive calls now.  I have only had this Moto g7 for six months and never expected to have to buy another phone after only six months.  I agree with the other poster who feels that Motorola needs to take responsibility for this.

Thank you for trying to assist.

Options

27 Posts

07-05-2020

Ireland

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 27 of 47

2020-07-12, 7:02 AM

Re: Calendar App-

Nothing I've tried works as far as getting the widget/icon to show today's date- uninstalled updates, reinstalled updates, data reset, battery reset, safe mode, reboot, turn off/turn on, etc., etc. Each action directly changes it to today's date, but when the next day rolls around, it's still showing yesterday's date.

On a positive note, the battery reset that I was advised to do to fix the calendar, seems to have(and I emphasise 'seems') improved my battery life closer to what it was prior to this disastrous update. That's yet to be confirmed as it's only a day and a half, but so far I'm hopeful.

I know techs/agents on here don't have an easy job, but it seems to be very difficult to get answers to direct questions- I'm still waiting to get a reply on this one:

Who is legally responsible for updates?

I also hear that some of the G8 series phones, which were scheduled to be updated to Android 10, now might not be getting it? If this is true, is it an acknowledgement from Motorola that it's completely FUBAR?

Options

21 Posts

10-02-2016

United States of America

31 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 28 of 47

2020-07-13, 5:24 AM

The Android 10 rollout has destroyed literally thousands of phones and people count on them more than ever now! FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 29 of 47

2020-07-13, 10:26 AM

Hi YonderMountain, 

For can't make and receive calls, there's an existing thread for that. Please post here.

Hi trgfunds,

I've seen you posted on several threads. Please don't post to several threads and causes cluttering on the site, we've been assisting you on this thread. Thanks.

Hi BO Moto,

We apologize if we're not able to answer all your queries. There are many moving parts when releasing software updates – partner support, regional differences and carrier decisions are just a few. There's no native option to rollback to previous update. Glad you've seen improvements with the battery. As for the calendar, we're still looking into that. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

27 Posts

07-05-2020

Ireland

27 Signins

150 Page Views

• Message 30 of 47

2020-07-14, 6:59 AM

Rich,

Thanks for the reply, hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of this calendar issue. I remain hopeful, so far, that the battery is performing as was normal after the battery recalibration, so I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Re: my query concerning who's legally responsible for these updates- I noted clearly that you guys don't have an easy job, so I totally understand you not being able to get to everything. But I can't help but see the humour in you actually getting to reply to my query, yet not answer it, only to say that you can't answer everything. Though I do tend to see the humorous side of things...

Anyway, I'll try once again-

Who's legally responsible for these phone updates?

Thank you again for your help and info.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms