Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics

Moto G7 Play Notch problem!

2019-02-13, 21:58 PM

I noticed that the notch of the Moto G7 Play blocks parts of the screen which should be visible. See example in the image. You can see in the image (recovery mode screen) that the font is blocked by the notch, which prevents the user from reading the text. Does Motorola plan to address this issue and optimize the notch?

Options

2065 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2905 Signins

51881 Page Views

• Views: 51881
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G7 Play Notch problem!

2019-02-14, 14:30 PM

wrote:

I noticed that the notch of the Moto G7 Play blocks parts of the screen which should be visible. See example in the image. You can see in the image (recovery mode screen) that the font is blocked by the notch, which prevents the user from reading the text. Does Motorola plan to address this issue and optimize the notch?

Thank you for sharing this information. We will definitely pass it along. Please do let me know if you see this when not in Recovery/Fastboot.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

26 Posts

03-30-2019

US

67 Signins

484 Page Views

• Views: 484
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G7 Play Notch problem!

2019-03-30, 15:34 PM

Actually you can hide or modify the notch in Settings/developer options/notch display.

But hiding the notch this way is purely cosmetic. The notch disappears but the area it occupied remains blank and no notifications appear there. Moto should correct that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save