Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 41 of 56

Re:Moto G7 Plus has oval camera and I can't find a case

2021-04-05, 20:23 PM

I joined just to chime in at how disappointed I am in Motorola for this dishonest and dumb attempt to hide the fact that there are two versions of the G7+ - oval and round camera. Maybe we should thank the morons at t-mobile who wanted to differentiate their version of the phone.

I like the phone. I like the camera. The battery could have been a bit larger but I am happy EXCEPT FOR THE CASE.

I can't say that any time I get a product on sale or clearance that I assume ALL the accessories will NOT be available. Why didn't Motorola make an attempt to maintain production of at least one case for their own phone - working with the very few vendors who made cases for this oddball.

It is also sad that community "support" has NO CLUE about this version of the phone since Motorola chooses to now hide it. SAD.

Options

4 Posts

04-02-2021

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 42 of 56

2021-04-05, 20:28 PM

as i said none of the links fit or are dead, there are none i can find that fit exactly, i checked so many

Options

13579 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1280 Signins

173865 Page Views

• Views: 173865
  • Message 43 of 56

2021-04-06, 19:48 PM

Hi,

I sincerely apologize if you can't find any suitable case for your model. I understand you want extra protection for your phone and I appreciate that. Here are some links I found, https://www.amazon.com/YmhxcY-T-Mobile-Protector-Kickstand-Shockproof/dp/B0826KCH3V

https://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-PUSHIMEI-Kickstand-Protection-Motorola/dp/B07Z1CK1TM

https://coveroncase.com/collections/motorola-moto-g7-plus-moto-g7-t-mobile-revvlry-plus-phone-cases-and-accessories

I'm basing on compatible phone models description. I'll keep looking and try to find more. I will share all your feedback as well. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

04-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 44 of 56

2021-04-06, 20:06 PM

Thanks, Rich but I hate to tell you but NONE of these "compatible" cases fit the stupid OVAL camera.  Some of the circular cutouts for other cases are ALMOST large enough but not quite to get over the OVAL camera bump.

Tech21 and Otterbox had exact cases but they are very few and I keep checking - like I have nothing better to do.

Motorola deserves a big THANKYOU from their new G7+ customers who don't own a Dremel kit.

Options

13579 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1280 Signins

173865 Page Views

• Views: 173865
  • Message 45 of 56

2021-04-07, 14:54 PM

Hi Avgary

Sorry about that. Unfortunately, we don't officially sell cases for G7 Plus so it's hard to find one. We'll pass your feedback along. And if I saw anything, I'll share it here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

04-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 46 of 56

2021-04-07, 19:03 PM

Rich,

No offense but HOW CAN ANY COMPANY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SELL TWO PHONE MODELS (different form factors) WITH THE SAME NAME?

How about G7T+ (for t-mobile) or something to differentiate it from G7+? This is just stupid and dishonest. At least then buyers would have immediately seen that there are virtually NO cases for this phone.

Maybe it is time for Moto to give up like LG has done. No reason to respond unless you find a box full of proper cases.

Options

6 Posts

04-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 47 of 56

2021-04-17, 21:11 PM

HERE IS A CASE FOR $3.99 - a few days ago it was 8.99 when I bought it - THAT DOES FIT BUT WITH A ROUND HOLE LARGE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THE STUPID OVAL CAMERA.

I did not have to Dremel or do anything. I guess it is possible that there is NO quality control so holes could be larger or smaller.

Ebay - Working G7 Plus case fits oval camera and all holes

EG7 Plus - Circle opening fits around camera oval - no overlap

Options

2 Posts

04-22-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 48 of 56

2021-04-22, 22:15 PM

For those still looking for a case, have found one that is a perfect fit and can be found here: https://www.tech21.com/products/evo-check-for-revvlry-smokey-black-2

You'll still have to buy a screen protector but the case itself though light weight seems to offer the protection needed.

Options

6 Posts

04-05-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 49 of 56

2021-04-22, 23:02 PM

Thx. I can't tell you how many times I went to their **bleep** website looking for this case. It was never there or even listed via search as "out of stock."

They must have found a few returns or a lost case of them.

The one I found works fine and when the price dropped, I ordered a 2nd one because I like having a belt clip and a back up for when it breaks.

Options

2 Posts

04-22-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 50 of 56

2021-04-23, 3:57 AM

Yes, I looked at their site a couple times and never saw this particular case before. Perhaps they found a new supplier. They are based out of England but shipped from Illinois so who knows where they got them from. 

First time I've bought from them and was interesting to see a foreign transaction fee of .22 cents on my statement.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms