Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics

Moto G7 Power - Can't see "Moto actions" settings anymore

2020-02-17, 6:00 AM

I just got a Moto G7 Power (unlocked in US from Motorolla) for my child.  When I first turned it on, I found in some menu, a way to configure Moto Actions - like twist for camera, two chops for flashlight.  Now 24 hours later, the phone has installed a number of OS updates and app updates from Google Play store and I enabled Google Family Link parental controls.  Now I can't find the Moto actions settings anywhere.  In the Moto app, only "Moto Display" is present.  Where did the Moto actions options go?  Did they disappear due to OS updates, Moto app updates from Google Play, or did parental controls disable it somehow?  Or did they move to the OS settings menu?  I can't find them.

Thank you.

Options

1721 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1617 Signins

25278 Page Views

• Views: 25278
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G7 Power - Can't see "Moto actions" settings anymore

2020-02-17, 11:14 AM

wrote:

I just got a Moto G7 Power (unlocked in US from Motorolla) for my child.  When I first turned it on, I found in some menu, a way to configure Moto Actions - like twist for camera, two chops for flashlight.  Now 24 hours later, the phone has installed a number of OS updates and app updates from Google Play store and I enabled Google Family Link parental controls.  Now I can't find the Moto actions settings anywhere.  In the Moto app, only "Moto Display" is present.  Where did the Moto actions options go?  Did they disappear due to OS updates, Moto app updates from Google Play, or did parental controls disable it somehow?  Or did they move to the OS settings menu?  I can't find them.

Thank you.

Try installing it from the Playstore see if that helps,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.actions&hl=en_GB

HTH :)

2020-02-17, 20:10 PM

Aparently updating Moto Actions from the Google Play store is what causes the problem.  If I uninstall updates to Moto Actions, it works find and I can see the UI options in the Moto App.  If I install updates to Moto Actions, then the UI options for Moto actions in the Moto app are gone.

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-02-17, 20:55 PM

Hi Chuck9000,

This is odd. Please make sure Moto Actions isn't disabled in the Settings > Apps > Tap 3 vertical dots > Show System > Moto Actions > Enable. May I know what's the updated version of the app, if it's really an update with Moto Actions, it wouldn't be gone in the Moto app. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

2020-02-17, 21:30 PM

I'm certain "Moto Actions" isn't disabled.  I have repeated the issue a dozen times now.  

Phone is Moto G7 Power.  Software Channel "Amazon",  Android 9 (build PPOS29.114-134-7).

I'm using "Moto" app version 9.0.38.  (This is updated from factory default)

With "Moto Actions" at factory version (05.027.1.1-P) it works.  I can open the Moto app and see Moto actions UI.

With "Moto Actions" updated from play store (to version 05.76.1.07-P) it doesn't work.  I can no longer see Moto action UI to change settings in the "Moto" app or anywhere else.  

Rebooting doesn't change anything.  Going back to factory version of "Moto" app doesn't change anything. 

Options

8752 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1027 Signins

136272 Page Views

• Views: 136272
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-02-18, 15:27 PM

Hi Chuck9000,

I'd like to report this. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Also, may I request for a bug report?

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via a private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save