Options

6 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G7 Power - GPS not updating location when screen turns off/on after update to Android 10

2020-09-16, 16:14 PM

I know that GPS turns off when the screen is off in battery saver mode. When I was using Android 9, my location would update and Google Maps navigation would resume properly when the screen was turned on again. Now, with the Android 10 update, if I turn off the screen and turn on again, the GPS does not update my location and I have to exit navigation and go back in again for the location to work again. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? It is dangerous for me to have to go through my security pattern while driving to reinstate navigation after it stops working. Thanks.

Options

392 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

189 Signins

4020 Page Views

• Views: 4020
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Moto G7 Power - GPS not updating location when screen turns off/on after update to Android 10

2020-09-16, 23:21 PM

Android 10 has new options for use of Location.
Check to see if Maps is allowed to use Location All the Time and not just While in Use.

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

6 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re:Moto G7 Power - GPS not updating location when screen turns off/on after update to Android 10

2020-09-17, 15:12 PM

Hello Cuddly,

Thanks a lot for your response. Maps is set to "All the time" so i don't think that's the issue. With Android 9, location would turn off whenever I would turn the screen off so it would save on battery, but the location would update immediately when I turned the screen back on. Now, with Android 10, location turns off when I turn off the screen but does not update after I turn the screen back on. I have to back out of navigation and start it again for it to use location again, which is very inconvenient. Are there any other ideas?

Options

392 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

189 Signins

4020 Page Views

• Views: 4020
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-09-17, 15:37 PM

Wasn't very hopeful my idea would work. I have a G7 Power just updated to 10 and Maps with fully enhanced location resumes after waking screen.

Plus I disallow "all the time" for location.

Presume you've looked at battery saver and restarted including either long press power button (supposed to be similar to removing battery) or turn off for a few minutes before restart.

A full Android OS update can easily throw up some conflicts which can resolve themselves when memory is refreshed or caches cleared.

You could try to see what happens in Safe Mode in case some third party app is causing a conflict.
Won't hurt to try ...

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

6 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-09-17, 20:29 PM

Thank you for the ideas Cuddly. I will try them later today and post back if either is able to fix the problem. 

Thanks again!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete