03-28-2019

US

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 24

Moto G7 Power - High Pitched Noise

2019-03-28, 16:03 PM

I've noticed that whenever my Moto G7 Power plays a notification sound, there's a very high pitched noise that follows the notification sound.  It usually lasts for about 1 - 2 seconds, then stops.  Also, when I plug an AUX cable into the 3.5mm jack, there's a terrible high-pitched noise that plays through my car speakers, until I begin playing music.  

Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Wondering if it's a general issue, or a specific problem with this particular phone.

Options

2065 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2905 Signins

51911 Page Views

• Views: 51911
  • Message 2 of 24

Re: Moto G7 Power - High Pitched Noise

2019-03-29, 14:23 PM

I have not heard of this being reported before. Can you please do the following?

1. Ensure your forums profile is updated with the current IMEI or SN of your device?
  2. Record a video showing these behaviors?
  3. Capture a Bug Report when you hear the noise (Steps Below)?

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

03-28-2019

US

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 24

2019-03-29, 17:50 PM

Alright, I managed to capture the sound.  Here's a link to the audio file.  As you'll hear, there's a high-pitched noise that always happens after the phone makes any type of noise.  It can be a video, notification, music, whatever.  Once the actual audio stops / ends, the high pitched noise is audible.  You would only hear this in a quiet room though.

And here's the bug report. As I was capturing the audio, I generated the bug report at the same time.  Not sure if it will say anything about the problem though.

Options

3 Posts

03-28-2019

US

5 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2019-04-12, 20:19 PM

UPDATE: So I ended up buying a new Moto G7 Power and it had the exact same problem.  I wasn't sure if it was just super bad luck, or not, so I went down to the local Best Buy and tested their store demo model.  It too made the same high pitched noise.  Therefore, this is either a widespread hardware issue with the Moto G7 Power or some type of software glitch.

Options

1 Posts

05-26-2019

MX

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 24

2019-05-26, 22:51 PM

I present the same problem. After playing any sound. It remains for 2 seconds a very sharp Beep sound.

Options

1 Posts

10-01-2019

GB

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 6 of 24

2019-10-01, 18:47 PM

We've got exactly the same issue with a brand new G7 Power I got for my wife a week ago.
Any update on this please?

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2019

RU

14 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 7 of 24

2019-10-13, 20:46 PM

У меня та же самая проблема. Обнаружил пару недель назад почти сразу после покупки. Писк получается почти после любого звука из динамика. ПО обновлена до последней версии (может быть зря). В Безопасном Режиме писк всё равно есть. После сброса к заводским настройкам писк исчез, но после перезагрузки снова появился. Официальная поддержка Моторола посоветовали только отнести в сервисный центр, но я не уверен что это гарантийный случай и что мне не придется пользоваться смартфоном снова, но уже после разборки не известно кем. Хотелось бы просто поменять смартфон на точно такой же, но без писка. Либо устранить проблему.

I have the same problem. Found a couple of weeks ago almost immediately after the purchase. A squeak is obtained after almost any sound from the speaker. The software has been updated to the latest version (it may be in vain). In Safe Mode, there is still a squeak. After resetting to the factory settings, the squeak disappeared, but appeared again after a reboot.
Official support Motorola was only advised to take it to a service center, but I'm not sure that this is a warranty case and that I will not have to use the smartphone again, but after disassembly it is not known by whom. I would just like to change the smartphone to exactly the same, but without a squeak. Or fix the problem.

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

IT

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 8 of 24

2019-11-13, 15:57 PM

Here I am, I also have the same noise as the loudspeaker heard in the MichaelRepnikov's video .... 2-3 seconds of background noise in a random way when it is stopped for audio playback of a movie or a game. I believe that Motorola has serious quality problems in the components, or it is a software problem ... but then why is it not fixed by an update? Many people have this problem on G7 Power. I'm not at all satisfied with this smartphone, maybe I will return it and change the brand.

Options

1 Posts

11-18-2019

US

1 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 9 of 24

2019-11-18, 7:03 AM

I too am having this exact issue on both of my brand new Moto G7 Power devices! A sharp noise exactly like the sample LarrySellers provided. One unit bought from Motorola and the other from Best Buy. I did exchange the unit from Best Buy but it's still has the same issue! Even on the display unit I could hear the same high pitched noise after playing any sort of audio. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update!

Options

3 Posts

11-13-2019

IT

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 10 of 24

2019-12-02, 9:19 AM

Hi, does anyone have updates on the situation? Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

Motorola tell us something...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save