US

2 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto G7 Power - Time changes by itself

2019-12-30, 21:01 PM

Hello,

I am running into an issue where my phone will change the time to 6 hours ahead of our local time. I have to go into settings, turn off and on the automatic date and time and it will revert to the current time zone. This has happened at least 5-6 times over the past 10 days, and seems to happen during a phone call or text message exchange.

I have a G7 Power, unlocked. My system updates are current.

I have my phone set to automatic date and time, and automatic time zone. I am in CST (central US). My wireless carrier is verizon.

Could it be that my phone doesn't know my current location, and reverts from CST (-6) to GMT (0)?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Options

48 Posts

08-06-2019

US

66 Signins

839 Page Views

• Views: 839
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G7 Power - Time changes by itself

2019-12-30, 22:02 PM

Here are a few suggestions

• Boot your phone into Safe Mode. If the problem doesn’t reappear then it could be a third party app that’s causing the problem.
  • Check for possible malware.
  • Since your phone’s automatic time/date is dictated by your carrier, try a new SIM card. Contact your carrier’s Tech support department if the problem persists.
  • Perform a Network Reset
  • Perform a Factory Reset
Options

1711 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1612 Signins

25198 Page Views

• Views: 25198
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-12-30, 22:35 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I am running into an issue where my phone will change the time to 6 hours ahead of our local time. I have to go into settings, turn off and on the automatic date and time and it will revert to the current time zone. This has happened at least 5-6 times over the past 10 days, and seems to happen during a phone call or text message exchange.

I have a G7 Power, unlocked. My system updates are current.

I have my phone set to automatic date and time, and automatic time zone. I am in CST (central US). My wireless carrier is verizon.

Could it be that my phone doesn't know my current location, and reverts from CST (-6) to GMT (0)?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Do a Manual scan for a Network in your Phone settings. When the list populates choose a WRONG one and let it fail. Then choose the correct one.

Then press and hold the Power button until the phone restarts. This emulates taking the battery out and can clear Temp Data/Ram glitches.

HTH :)

Options

23 Posts

07-17-2016

US

176 Signins

751 Page Views

• Views: 751
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-01-19, 2:08 AM

I have the same issue.  I have a G7 Power international version on Consumer Cellular (AT&T).  It started a couple of weeks ago and seems to occur once every couple of days.  I'm on US Eastern Standard Time, and the clock will jump 5 hours ahead to GMT.  I'm not sure if it's the phone or the network.  Rebooting solves it, but it's annoying.

Options

23 Posts

07-17-2016

US

176 Signins

751 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-01-24, 14:51 PM

Per my message above, I have the same issue. I'm use a Moto G7 Power International version on Consumer Cellular (AT&T), so it's likely not a network issue, since the originator of this thread experienced the issue on Verizon. I found that turning on airplane mode then turning it off corrects the time. My device is on Android 9, and I don't see a setting to perform a manual network scan. If it's not due to a specific network, given that it occurs with both Verizon and AT&T, how would a scan or a new SIM card help? I wonder if it's due to the security upgrade that was done in December. Thanks.

Options

23 Posts

07-17-2016

US

176 Signins

751 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-01-24, 16:24 PM
Update: I got on a chat with Motorola support, and they had a tech support person call me. (That's pretty prompt service for a budget phone.) She said that it could be the security patch and offered to troubleshoot, even if it takes days. She had me clear data for the Clock and Settings apps, then power off/on. She's leaving the ticket open and sending me an email to let her know if the problem recurs in the next few days. We'll see
Options

1 Posts

03-09-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 7 of 8

Re:Moto G7 Power - Time changes by itself

2020-03-09, 21:01 PM
Same exact issue as all of the above. Hope they come up with a fix. If you don't notice it turns a long texting conversation into a nightmare
Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 8 of 8

Re:Moto G7 Power - Time changes by itself

2020-03-10, 19:15 PM

Hi Greggowa,

Did you set the Date and time to Automatic (Settings > System > Date & time > Automatic date & time, Automatic time zone)? If so, that uses the network provided time zone and it would depends on your carrier. Try toggling it off and set the time and date manual. I would also recommend contacting your carrier regarding this. Let me know if you have a question.Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save