02-26-2019

GB

18 Signins

281 Page Views

• Views: 281
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto G7 Power(USB C) with Flir One(USB micro) any suggestions

2019-02-27, 11:47 AM

I have tried a number of methods to try to get my new G7 Power to work with my Flir one Infra red camera whick works well on my G4.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Any advice on this compatibility issue would be apreciated, I have tried a number of conversion connectors that claim to support OTG and they work well with memory etc but the Flir one never connects. The closest I got was a message saying can't switch to the correct mode.

Peter

Peter D Hull (G4DCP)
Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Views: 61731
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G7 Power(USB C) with Flir One(USB micro) any suggestions

2019-02-27, 15:46 PM

wrote:

I have tried a number of methods to try to get my new G7 Power to work with my Flir one Infra red camera whick works well on my G4.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Any advice on this compatibility issue would be apreciated, I have tried a number of conversion connectors that claim to support OTG and they work well with memory etc but the Flir one never connects. The closest I got was a message saying can't switch to the correct mode.

Peter

Let's see if we can look into this further. First, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, I'd like to get a bug report when you attempt to connnect

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

10 Posts

02-26-2019

GB

18 Signins

281 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-02-27, 19:20 PM

I am not used to doing this so please have patience if I do it wrong.

Yes you may look at my apps no problem.

I have added the info to my profile. (I think!)

<removed link for privacy>

Should be the bug report from the USB debugging.  The failure should be somewhere arount 19.03 local

The sequence of events 

I plugged the Flir in and then looked in notifications.

It said it was charging the attached device which was not expected as the Flir has a different connector for charging.

I clicked on the notification and was taken to USB preferences.

USB Controlled by was set to connected device (should be This device)

I clicked on This device and got switching message  and I momentarily got a message asking if I wanted to connect to the Flir one software, this disappeared very quickly and was replace by Couldn' switch.

Later attemps take about the same time and finish with the coudn't switch but don't popup the program selection window.

A power off and a reboot cause the message to re popup on the next attempt.

I have tried many makes of Male USB C to Micro usb adapter all respond the same.

The Flir one works well on my Motorola G4.

Thanks 

Peter

Peter D Hull (G4DCP)
Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2019-02-28, 14:38 PM

Thank you for sharing, I will pass all the info along on my end to have someone investigate. I'm wondering if this isn't so much a phone issue but more of an Android Pie issue. I will let you know what I find out from them.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

02-26-2019

GB

18 Signins

281 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2019-03-14, 17:03 PM

Has there been any progress with this? Do I need toraise an Android Pie fault, if so can you tell me how that is done?

Peter

Peter D Hull (G4DCP)
Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-03-14, 20:35 PM

wrote:

Has there been any progress with this? Do I need toraise an Android Pie fault, if so can you tell me how that is done?

Peter

Peter, I apologize for this taking so long. We're still actively investigating it. 

-Tom

Options

3311 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3060 Signins

61731 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-03-15, 15:35 PM

Peter, I just got an update today. It appears that there will improvements for this scenario in a future software update. 

-Tom

Options

10 Posts

02-26-2019

GB

18 Signins

281 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-03-15, 16:47 PM
Thanks - so it's wait and see off into the future. Thanks for trying.
Peter D Hull (G4DCP)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete