Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-27-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 12

Moto G7 Power is NOT compatible with Verizon Prepaid?

2019-03-27, 16:35 PM

I purchased a brand new & unlocked Moto G7 Power from BH Photo. Swapped the verizon prepaid sim card out of my Moto G6 and put into the G7. I can make calls and send text, however I'm limited to a slow 3G data connection.

I called Verizon (several times) and verified the sim card is compatable. After several hours on the phone with support, Verizon informed me that they do NOT support a 4G LTE data connections on this device through its Prepaid division. The compatability chart on Motorola's website says it's certified compatable.. I'm at a loss here.

Has anyone been able to get 4G LTE data using Verizon prepaid?

Options

6927 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3416 Signins

86451 Page Views

• Views: 86451
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Moto G7 Power is NOT compatible with Verizon Prepaid?

2019-03-27, 17:35 PM

wrote:

I purchased a brand new & unlocked Moto G7 Power from BH Photo. Swapped the verizon prepaid sim card out of my Moto G6 and put into the G7. I can make calls and send text, however I'm limited to a slow 3G data connection.

I called Verizon (several times) and verified the sim card is compatable. After several hours on the phone with support, Verizon informed me that they do NOT support a 4G LTE data connections on this device through its Prepaid division. The compatability chart on Motorola's website says it's certified compatable.. I'm at a loss here.

Has anyone been able to get 4G LTE data using Verizon prepaid?

I don't know about prepaid, but keep in mind, the compatibility site specifically says "** Pre-paid support may not be available on all carriers. Contact your pre-paid carrier to confirm compatibility.". I can ask around about it on my end. Please PM me the IMEI from your phone and photos of the SIM and SIM Kit if you have it still.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

10-12-2016

United States of America

14 Signins

162 Page Views

• Views: 162
  • Message 3 of 12

2019-03-31, 16:56 PM

I am also with Verizon prepaid, and just upgraded to the G7.  Mine is showing I am on LTE, I think it is the 4g unless I am missing something

Options

66 Posts

10-15-2014

United States of America

92 Signins

747 Page Views

• Views: 747
  • Message 4 of 12

2019-04-01, 21:15 PM

I want to buy the Moto g7 power and use it on Verizon pre paid I am scared it will not work what should I do ?

Options

96 Posts

04-02-2019

United States of America

317 Signins

2338 Page Views

• Views: 2338
  • Message 5 of 12

2019-04-02, 0:41 AM

I'm on Ting, but I think my issue is fundamentally the same.  I've seen the same basic problems echoed on Boost mobile as well where either LTE or hostspot are not working.

I've tried 2 compatible SIMs, I've factory reset several times, network reset, tried every diagnostic code under the sun.  No LTE only 1xRTT data.  In the last few days I've notived that the *#*#3282#*#* -> APN Settings the internet and other APNs were blank!  No amount of carrier resets or resets had any effect, nor attempting to manually edit the fields ( never actually saves ).

This evening I sat out and rolled back to g7 build PPO29.80-29 ( might be different for the g7 power ) and LTE works without any prompting, I have all APN settins.

It appears as though people trying to activate on the most recent patches will never be able to get LTE working fully, maybe Moto can fix this with another patch.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Views: 10169
  • Message 6 of 12

2019-04-05, 18:22 PM

wrote:

I want to buy the Moto g7 power and use it on Verizon pre paid I am scared it will not work what should I do ?

Be a Guinea pig or wait it out.

I have a G7 Power on a Verizon MVNO. During setup it updated to PPO29.114-30 and won't connect to LTE for data (never mind VoLTE). It won't let me select/enable the APN.

Phone info (using diler code) doesn't even show VoLTE options (does show VoWiFi though it's not provisioned).

Working with Motorola now to get a replacement device. They claim it's helped other Verizon users so it could be a hardware issue, but I'm leaning towards a software problem.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2019-04-05, 18:24 PM

wrote:

Did you check that the correct APN is selected?

Go to APN setting, and the APN should have a green dot on the far right showing it's selected.

If not, select it and back out. Go back to APN settings and see if it's still selected.

On my G7 Power it won't stay selected.

Also, what Build is on the phone? PPO29.114-30 

Options

14 Posts

08-29-2016

United States of America

44 Signins

435 Page Views

• Views: 435
  • Message 8 of 12

2019-09-10, 20:54 PM

I tried helping my neighbor switch out a SIM card. I spoke directly with Verizon (3 different reps), Specifically regarding an unlocked dual SIM Moto g7 power, that was a replacement from Best Buy  for a broken "Verizon model". They said that neither imei was "registered". The model # was also "not registered with Verizon". They "Do not support certain unlocked models because the hardware is not compatible with their network." Basically, they want you to buy a Verizon branded phone, not unlocked. It's probably because it doesn't carry their bloatware.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Message 9 of 12

2019-09-10, 21:35 PM

wrote:

Specifically regarding an unlocked dual SIM Moto g7 power, 

Basically, they want you to buy a Verizon branded phone, not unlocked. It's probably because it doesn't carry their bloatware.

The dual SIM models were not intended for US sale so the IMEIs are not in Verizon's database. I don't think they even have CDMA hardware enabled. While it mufgt function with LTE-Only provisioning, they won't configure it if the IMEI isn't in the database.

The US unlocked model works just fine and doesn't have Verizon bloatware.

Why did you buy the internatiinal dual SIM instead of the US single SIM model?

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2019-09-10, 21:43 PM

wrote:

On my G7 Power it won't stay selected.

Also, what Build is on the phone? PPO29.114-30 

Juat noticed I never followed up.

Replacement device activated and APN selection worked fine.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms