09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto G7 Power - no LTE after update to Android 10

2020-09-16, 4:42 AM

I bought my phone several months ago and it worked great until I was prompted to update to Android 10. Post-update, I now only have a slow 3G data connection. I have seen G7 power users bring this up in the G7 thread, but they were told to make a separate thread for the G7 Power, which I haven't seen. So here it is.  I would like my phone to function properly again. When are we going to see the fix that has been in the works? Can we just have the option to revert to the previous version in the meantime so we can use 4G? I am using an unlocked phone on Total Wireless (uses Verizon network). Thank you.

Solved! See the solution
Options

10639 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1118 Signins

151099 Page Views

• Views: 151099
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Moto G7 Power - no LTE after update to Android 10

2020-09-16, 13:44 PM

Hi RRGuy,

Let me help you with this. I think you're seeing reports on G7 on Google-Fi. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

6 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-09-16, 14:06 PM

Hello Rich,

Thank you for your reply. I've updated my profile with all of the information you've requested and added a couple of pieces of information in the "Private Notes" section regarding my carrier and current version of Android. I believe my privacy settings were already allowing Motorola to get data from me since it must have been on by default and I hadn't modified any settings there, so you should be able to see whatever apps I have installed. I know that the issue started happening after the update to Android 10, but if something else could be causing it please let me know. It's been a challenge doing video calling with such a slow connection.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Options

1918 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1728 Signins

26593 Page Views

• Views: 26593
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-09-17, 9:41 AM

Find the Network Reset option in the phone's settings. Usually in the Backup and reset section. Do NOT do a Factory Reset yet as that may be a last resort. Before you do write down any WiFi logins as they will get removed as well.

HTH :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

10639 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1118 Signins

151099 Page Views

• Views: 151099
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-09-17, 14:20 PM

Hi RRGuy,

Thanks for updating your profile. We checked this and you have the retail version. You shouldn't be affected by those reports on Google-Fi. Let's investigate this, can you please try doing the suggestion of @Porphyrius and let us know if that helps. Otherwise, can you please send me a bug report when you only have 3G signal/low signal?

To capture Bug Report:

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number

Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!” 
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

Please include your location/ZIP where it happened. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

09-16-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-09-17, 15:04 PM

Hello Porphyrius and Rich,

Thanks a lot for your responses. I reset the network settings and didn't see any change, but then tried restarting my phone after that and LTE returned! I'm not sure what caused it to get stuck in 3G but am very thankful LTE is back again. Hopefully it will stay like this.

Thanks again,

RRGuy

Options

38 Posts

03-26-2018

US

90 Signins

735 Page Views

• Views: 735
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-09-18, 12:05 PM

I received my replacement G7 today. I had the Google Fi version. Tons of updates starting with Android 9 all the way through Android 10. I was nervous but that ended when I bricked my replacement phone doing a factory reset after upgrading it to Android 10. But like the last one using the Lenovo software, I got it restored. It works on LTE and doesn't seem to have the issues that plagued the Google Fi version. Unlike many here I am sticking with Motorola phones. It would be nice if Motorola would bring the Plus version of the G phone back to the states. My Google Fi phone is sitting in the FedEx Kinko's out box.  I will update this thread as needed but all seems to be good right now with this replacement G7. 

Options

2012 Posts

03-11-2019

US

594 Signins

42465 Page Views

• Views: 42465
  • Message 8 of 8

2020-09-18, 14:10 PM

Hi RRGuy,

That's great to hear that resetting your network settings and rebooting the phone fixed the problem. If you ever encounter again losing LTE signal, please provide us the bug report

@mark-mark,

Good to know that the replacement phone is working for you. Please don't hesitate to post again in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete