Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 31 of 37

Re:Moto G7 Power - no LTE after update to Android 10

2020-12-28, 15:09 PM

Hi Cornhauler

I moved your post for G7 Power thread. Please update your profile with your IMEI as instructed. Also, please submit your report using the form I provided here so I can forward this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

12-28-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 32 of 37

Re:Lost LTE on Verizon after Android 10 upgrade on Moto G7

2020-12-28, 19:20 PM

My g7 Power is currently android 9. It has been served notice of "New version: QPO30.85-18, Congratulations Android 10 is here!"

I've avoided this due to the problems associated with the android update discussed here. This forum discussion indicated that 'QPO30.52-23-13' is a fix!

My questions:

Is the 'QPO30.85-18' update offered me also a fixed update?

If I accept the 'QPO30.85-18' will it cause the problems these other Moto owners have experienced?

Is there a way to directly install the "fixed Qpo30.52-23-13" update?

Thanks, LesCarlson

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 33 of 37

2020-12-29, 15:47 PM

Hi LesCarlson,

I have to move your post to G7 Power community thread. Please update your profile with your IMEI as well. Also, that build is for regular Moto G7. I don't think G7 Power will receive this, but I'll ask around. In the meantime, please submit your report using the form I provided here. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

12-28-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 34 of 37

2020-12-29, 22:07 PM

Anyone with MotoG7Power with Visible cell service? Have you taken the Android 10 update? Were there problems? Have you been able to resolve them?

My phone prompts me to install "QPU30.85-15". I am hesitant.

Considering all the trouble posters on this forum are having concerning the android update, it would be reassuring if someone from Motorola would indicate which updates cause which problem on which service with what phone. (Maybe there is but I've not found it.)

LesCarlson

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 35 of 37

2020-12-30, 14:59 PM

Hi LesCarlson

I apologize if you're hesitant and you feel that way. We recommend keeping your device up to date. I haven't seen reports on your carrier though, but we're willing to investigate in case such issue occur. You can submit your report using the form. We're always here to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

5 Posts

07-08-2019

United States of America

8 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 36 of 37

2021-07-23, 19:55 PM

I have what seems like the same issue. I have two Moto g7s one of which is G7 play. G7 play Android 10 fully updated both carrier and Android. G7 power fully updated Android and just a few minutes ago updated carrier software app in the hopes of resolving the following problem... Though was not successful.

Recently started both phones on Mint mobile. This carrier provides amazing service amongst cell towers w/ various carriers towers, even though it often provides notification stating it is on Mint Network except when making Wi-Fi calling where it says it's on T-Mobile network.

The issue I'm experiencing on both Moto G7s is cell service is available OK as you cross through from one cell tower to the next. Though the mobile data is not Auto switching from one cell tower to the next. Instead on both phones a toggle, performed manually, toggling Preferred Network from 4G LTE to 3G/4G (second choice) then back to 4G LTE (top choice) in every case returns mobile data active on both phones. Though continue to next cell tower same thing occurs - mobile data dies. This occurs repeatedly from one cell tower to the next.

FYI's - both phones were factory reset and restored from prior backup via Google upon installing new carrier Sims from Mint mobile.

Both phones Roaming is turned Off.

Both phones Wi-Fi calling is On.

Both phones have had Wi-Fi function turned On then Off when traveling between cell towers, and either way does not resolve mobile data problem.

It's driving us nuts!

Any thoughts?

Options

4738 Posts

09-09-2019

United States of America

506 Signins

26080 Page Views

• Views: 26080
  • Message 37 of 37

2021-07-24, 19:21 PM

@ labear wrote:

I have what seems like the same issue. I have two Moto g7s one of which is G7 play. G7 play Android 10 fully updated both carrier and Android. G7 power fully updated Android and just a few minutes ago updated carrier software app in the hopes of resolving the following problem... Though was not successful.

Recently started both phones on Mint mobile. This carrier provides amazing service amongst cell towers w/ various carriers towers, even though it often provides notification stating it is on Mint Network except when making Wi-Fi calling where it says it's on T-Mobile network.

The issue I'm experiencing on both Moto G7s is cell service is available OK as you cross through from one cell tower to the next. Though the mobile data is not Auto switching from one cell tower to the next. Instead on both phones a toggle, performed manually, toggling Preferred Network from 4G LTE to 3G/4G (second choice) then back to 4G LTE (top choice) in every case returns mobile data active on both phones. Though continue to next cell tower same thing occurs - mobile data dies. This occurs repeatedly from one cell tower to the next.

FYI's - both phones were factory reset and restored from prior backup via Google upon installing new carrier Sims from Mint mobile.

Both phones Roaming is turned Off.

Both phones Wi-Fi calling is On.

Both phones have had Wi-Fi function turned On then Off when traveling between cell towers, and either way does not resolve mobile data problem.

It's driving us nuts!

Any thoughts?

Hi @ labear,

Thank you for contacting us again, it is a great pleasure for us to assist.  I appreciate the information you have shared, since a factory data was already done, I would like to confirm, does the issue persists when using a SIM card from another carrier?

Regards,

Fabricio

Motorola Tech Support.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms