02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 17

Moto G7 Power ringtones missing

2019-02-16, 16:18 PM

I have just purchased a Moto G7 Power running Android 9 Pie, and have problems with ringtones. After setting up the phone and the preferred ringtones for income calls , notifications and  everything else,  when trying to change some of them later I found that  the phone has not ringtones anymore. I followed the regular instructions without  results: ringtones folder  appears empty and so does audio folder. Finally I performed a factory reset and got back phone ringtones. Sadly, 30 minutes later ringtones folder was empty again. Here I am with a brand new phone, 24 h old , with the most basic feature failing. I don't know  if it  is a Motorola or Android 9 issue but the only thing I did was restoring settings aplications, contacts etc. from my google account. Before this I was running Android 6 in a Xiaomi Redmi 4x. Can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks

Options

2257 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2934 Signins

53451 Page Views

• Views: 53451
  • Message 2 of 17

Re: Moto G7 Power ringtones missing

2019-02-18, 16:46 PM

wrote:

I have just purchased a Moto G7 Power running Android 9 Pie, and have problems with ringtones. After setting up the phone and the preferred ringtones for income calls , notifications and  everything else,  when trying to change some of them later I found that  the phone has not ringtones anymore. I followed the regular instructions without  results: ringtones folder  appears empty and so does audio folder. Finally I performed a factory reset and got back phone ringtones. Sadly, 30 minutes later ringtones folder was empty again. Here I am with a brand new phone, 24 h old , with the most basic feature failing. I don't know  if it  is a Motorola or Android 9 issue but the only thing I did was restoring settings aplications, contacts etc. from my google account. Before this I was running Android 6 in a Xiaomi Redmi 4x. Can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks

This is very strange. I'd like to get some more information. When you say the ringtones are missing are you saying even the stock system ringtones are missing as well? Also, please ensure your forums profile is updated with your current phone, carrier, and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2019-02-18, 21:04 PM

Dear Tom 

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I meant stock system ringtones. I tried  some audio  file as a ringtone, then tried to get back to a stock system ringtone and there was none! After erasing the audio file from the phone , no ringtones available anymore.

Unfortunately I can't update my profile or giving your the requested  information because I returned the phone today. Hopefully Amazon is going to give me my money back shortly. I am sorry to say that I was not in the mood for more Internet forums searching, although I really appreciate your interest and help in the matter

Kind regards

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 4 of 17

2019-02-19, 5:18 AM

<duplicate message>

Options

2257 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2934 Signins

53451 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2019-02-19, 15:29 PM

wrote:

Dear Tom 

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I meant stock system ringtones. I tried  some audio  file as a ringtone, then tried to get back to a stock system ringtone and there was none! After erasing the audio file from the phone , no ringtones available anymore.

Unfortunately I can't update my profile or giving your the requested  information because I returned the phone today. Hopefully Amazon is going to give me my money back shortly. I am sorry to say that I was not in the mood for more Internet forums searching, although I really appreciate your interest and help in the matter

Kind regards

That is so strange. I would have liked to troubleshoot this with you. Are you getting another moto g7 power? 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 6 of 17

2019-02-19, 20:23 PM

It was strange,certainly. Really weird.I spent half saturday restoring back and forth factory settings up to four times and surfing the net, searching for clues, with the same dissapointing outcome everytime. Maybe some apps interfiering with Pie, who knows.... The thing is that issue prevented me of trying the phone true capabilities because l was so annoyed 

Anyway, I took the risk of ordering a new Moto G7, not the Power model this time. It'll be here tomorrow probably, so will see how it goes the regular G7 

Thanks again

Options

2257 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2934 Signins

53451 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2019-02-20, 16:11 PM

wrote:

It was strange,certainly. Really weird.I spent half saturday restoring back and forth factory settings up to four times and surfing the net, searching for clues, with the same dissapointing outcome everytime. Maybe some apps interfiering with Pie, who knows.... The thing is that issue prevented me of trying the phone true capabilities because l was so annoyed 

Anyway, I took the risk of ordering a new Moto G7, not the Power model this time. It'll be here tomorrow probably, so will see how it goes the regular G7 

Thanks again

I truly appreciate you sticking with us. I'd like to still provide the ringtone thing back to our engineers. They had some questions.

1. Where were your custom ringtones stored (Internal or SD Card)?
  2. Were you using any 3rd party apps to assign the ringtones?

-Tom 

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2019-02-21, 20:24 PM

Hi there

Thanks for your interest.No SD card installed. I only tried a custom ringtone when I found I was not able of changing the stock system ones because they were missing. No third party application involved in ringtones assignation

I haven't got the new G7 cause they sent me ( Not Amazon this time) a Power model de again, by mistake I assume. Thinking of What to do Next..

Options

2257 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2934 Signins

53451 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2019-02-22, 15:59 PM

wrote:

Hi there

Thanks for your interest.No SD card installed. I only tried a custom ringtone when I found I was not able of changing the stock system ones because they were missing. No third party application involved in ringtones assignation

I haven't got the new G7 cause they sent me ( Not Amazon this time) a Power model de again, by mistake I assume. Thinking of What to do Next..

Thank you for the additional information. You said they sent you another g7 power? Did you end up trying this one? If so, would it be possible to get a screenshot showing the no ringtones as well as a bug report and IMEI?

-Tom

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2019

ES

19 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 10 of 17

2019-02-23, 16:11 PM
No, I did not even collected it. Returned on the spot. Right now making up my mind about that to rodar G7 FHD or G7+.....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete