Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 101 of 117

Re:Moto G7 Power stops recognizing SD card after reboot

2020-09-10, 14:36 PM

Happening again for me... as others have indicated, manually "eject"ing the card through the preferences before any reboot/power-off usually avoids it, but a Motorola/Android OS update seemed to do it to me again this time (it didn't ask if I wanted to install/reboot, it just did it).

What a total PIA each time!!!

Options

11 Posts

06-21-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

142 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 142
  • Message 102 of 117

2020-09-13, 14:59 PM

Welllllll what a turn up for the books. I received a message on my G7 Power from Motorola a couple of days ago regarding an update to Android 10. I proceeded with the update & noticed soon afterwards my SD card is now back where it should have been for the last 6 months. I am able to interrogate it & all my files are still there. It remains to be seen how long this remains, given this experience & numerous other instances on this forum & my personal experience with other Motorola phones I won't hold my breath, just enjoy & use it while I can.....

Options

1 Posts

10-27-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 103 of 117

2020-10-27, 7:03 AM

Been having a pretty rough time with this g7 power. Same issue here on the sd card not being recognized. Just got forced to reset to factory default settings since an 8 gig "log" text document ate up most of my phone's memory and caused it to crash every 20 mins. Deleted it but issues remained. Also, app icons keep disappearing and/or opening but then immediately crashing. It's been one issue after another since the warranty ended. Relentless issues. So, so many more than I feel like typing out.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 104 of 117

2020-10-28, 21:48 PM

Hi PunkNoir,

Sorry if you're experiencing that. I'd like to help. Have you tried formatting the SD card or have you tried using a different SD card?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 105 of 117

2020-10-28, 21:53 PM

That's it, I'm out.  I can't believe we're being asked to format the cards AGAIN.  There's obviously a problem.  I'm buying a new phone, no more MOTO.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 106 of 117

2020-10-29, 14:55 PM

Hi mjthompson6,

I'm sorry about that. But we need to try troubleshooting this. Can you please confirm the make and model of the SD cards you've tried? I will re-escalate this to engineers. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

06-23-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 107 of 117

2020-11-16, 22:58 PM

Time to go-to a new os, 11 pages & no software kernal update to fix this problem yet. Had 2 reformat sd card twice in 20 mins. Rediculous... Card reads fine in pc usb to microsd reader but not phone. May have to go-to lg or samsung on next upgrade. Screen cracks so easily you have to replace not just screen but touchpad too. Nice glue ideal engineering....

Options

2 Posts

01-23-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 108 of 117

2020-11-17, 0:03 AM

I went to a used Galaxy S10e. Flawless, glad I switched. 

Options

1 Posts

12-23-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 109 of 117

2020-12-23, 15:19 PM

I  bought a Moto E over six years ago. It was a great little phone that I've kept  in my car as an emergency phone up until July of this year.  I was so pleased that in September I replaced both my phones with two G7's . The G7 Power and the G 7 Plus. ......... BIG MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE. HUGE !!!.  

They work fine as phones and take a decent picture (I  do not use the camera much)....but none of the two will read an SD card. Before buying I had researched and was going to invest in two Samsung A51's  but went with the G7's instead. Now after reading the litany of complaints in this thread I can easily see how wrong I was. The replies from Lenovo almost make me think that "Rich" ...is a bot cranking out the same half baked replies which are ludicrously bad. 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 110 of 117

2020-12-28, 13:04 PM

Hi Jedak

My apologies for the delayed response. I was out last week due to holiday. We have escalated this to our engineers. Can you please update your profile with the IMEI of the phone so I can forward your details? Also, may I know what are the size, make and model of your SD cards? I also need a bug report for another investigation. Thanks.

To capture Bug Report:

Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build number 7 times > enter PIN/Password
Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms