Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G Phonesmoto g7 play / moto g7 / moto g7 power / moto g7 plus
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

01-25-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 117

Re: Moto G7 Power stops recognizing SD card after reboot

2020-01-24, 23:21 PM

Yup mine says currpoted 2 after puting in 512 gb sd sd c samsung evo plus i reformat as portable it doesnt does when i format as internal it works

Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 52 of 117

2020-01-27, 21:48 PM

Dude, if he reformats the card, it will erase everything on it. That's horrible advice.

wrote:

Hi Maggiesue2,

Thanks for posting on this thread. First, have you tried formatting your SD card? Try formatting it, use another SD card and let me know if you're still getting the same error message. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 53 of 117

2020-01-27, 21:49 PM
Dude, If they reformat, they lose everything on the card. THAT'S HORRIBLE ADVICE!
Options

0 Posts

02-13-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 54 of 117

2020-02-13, 17:14 PM

Having same problem with Moto G7 Play, which was new a couple months ago.  Finally got around to checking my Transcend SD HC (Class 10) 16GB card - however I format it via the phone, after restarting the phone, it shows as corrupt.  Try formating again (both internal and portable), reboot, corrupt again.  Kind of worthless to have a SD card feature that simply does not work.  Hopefully Lenovo/Motorola can come up with some solution - this clearly affects many users, and has been going on for quite some time.

Options

21 Posts

03-14-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 55 of 117

2020-02-13, 17:26 PM

Same here Moto G7, 2 different cards (so not a bad card issue).

As others have suggested, manually "eject" the card before ever powering off or rebooting the phone. I haven't had a corrupt card since doing this, but it's not proof that it's always going to avoid the problem.

Partial workaround after failure: backup all content off the corrupt card to a PC. At least you'll not lose any data that you may want later.

Then let the G7 reformat the card, eject the card, power off phone.

Then copy back all contents from the backup on the PC to the card (overwrite everything), put back in phone, and power-on. I was able to recover my downloaded Google Play music files (would have been a lot of mobile data to replace), but I did lose most other data when those programs didn't recognize the older files: Google maps offline downloads, podcasts, Overdrive e-books in my case.

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 56 of 117

2020-02-19, 19:32 PM

My G7 Power keeps rebooting on its own, randomly between 2 hours and 2 minutes, and then gives me the "Samsung SD Card missing" message. When I reboot, it finds it again, but then reboots on its own. If I leave it alone after it reboots and can't find my SD card, it works fine, other than I can't access the apps and files on my SD card.

It's a new card from when I bought this phone last year and I formatted it at that point. When I lost some of my historical text messages at Thanksgiving, after multiple troubleshooting scenarios, Verizon informed me to factory reset the whole phone, which meant it didn't recognize the SD card anymore (BTW, that didn't bring back my messages, in fact, it wiped them all out), so I reformatted then.

This random self-reboot/can't find the SD card thing has been going for about a month now. 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 57 of 117

2020-02-20, 16:43 PM

Hi dbarker72,

Thanks for posting on this thread. If possible, can you please observe this behavior without your SD card? Let me know. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 58 of 117

Re:Moto G7 Power stops recognizing SD card after reboot

2020-02-27, 23:25 PM

So, I posted to the same forum subject last week, but somehow the links lead to nowhere so I no longer have that post, so let's try again...

My G7 had been randomly rebooting on its own for a couple of weeks and when it came back up, it would give me an "Samsung SD card missing | Insert devise again" error message. Then I would do a manual reboot and it would find the card again and all the data, but the phone would act a little sluggish and then somewhere between a couple hours and a couple minutes, it would reboot on its own again. That's when I realized, if I didn't randomly reboot, left it not finding the SD card, it would not reboot on it's own. Been over a week now with a reboot and it's performance has not been sluggish in the least. Of course, no access to the apps and data that are on the SD card and it won't let me take photos.

So, the issue being that it was a new Samsung EVO Select 256 GB card that I put in the G7 when I bought it new last July from Verizon. I formatted it using the G7 and didn't have any issues until around Thanksgiving when I lost some of my text messages and Google informed me to do a factory reset on my phone (which then caused me to lose all my text messages, thanks Google) and would no longer recognize my SD Card until I reformatted. Again, no issues until like late January/early February with the random rebooting. Seems to be a regular issue per this forum subject. So, is there a cure? Reformat again?

Options

3 Posts

03-08-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 59 of 117

Re:Moto G7 Power stops recognizing SD card after reboot

2020-03-08, 1:18 AM
I have a G7 optimo. Approximately 2 month old. 128gb SanDisk Ultra class 10 wants to reformat upon every reboot. Switch to 64 gigabyte SanDisk does the same thing both sandisk's work and other devices. Have seen many comments about people having the same problem have not seen any solutions. What can be done? It's a new phone new sd cards. I thought with a new dependable company. I left Samsung devices to go to Motorola and I had nothing but issues please advise.
Options

3 Posts

03-08-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 60 of 117

2020-03-08, 1:25 AM
I have followed your instructions. And I am still having same issues. I guess this would be a good to add that periodically throughout the day when I'm using mobile data, I lose all data signal even though the signal bars are full and I know I'm in a good service area. In order to receive a data signal again I must reboot the phone. Typically this causes the data to resume working and it also causes the SD card to quit working. Kind of a conundrum.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms