04-15-2020

US

6 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 81 of 108

Re:Moto G7 Power stops recognizing SD card after reboot

2020-04-26, 19:34 PM
Ianreid2 , my card is still working fine. I even did a reboot just to make sure, still works. Lenovo needs to get this figured out for the people who are still having this issue.
Screenshot_20200426-123314.png
Options

2 Posts

04-25-2020

GB

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 82 of 108

2020-04-27, 19:14 PM

@ Greg_Dodd wrote:

This issue is not unique to the G7. I have had this happen on my G5S Plus and my Moto One Action. 

I dug around a bit on the web before finding this thread. I've not had the same problem on my previous original Moto G and G4 but I can see now that it's been an issue since G5 because it pops up on several forums for a good number of Motorola phones. I wish I'd known before I bought a G7, I might have thought twice. How could Lenovo let an issue like this continue through each incarnation of their phones? Surely someone in the tech department is bright enough to flag it up as something that needs addressing each time they up the processing speed or redesign the case? 

'Hey, how about we fix that thing that screws up the SD card?' 

'No it would be better if we moved the power button to the other side instead!'

I've had my phone since November. Am I condemned to buying a new SD card every six months or so? Has anyone had repeated experience of this over the same timescale? The cards aren't massively expensive but I'm not massively well off and could do without having to buy new ones on a regular basis.

Options

61 Posts

12-11-2015

US

113 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 83 of 108

2020-04-27, 20:10 PM
I agree. I didn't really lose any photos or files because not only were they backed up but the cards were still readable on my laptop. Just a big inconvenience and money grabber. Not much response from Motorola. I also purchased my Moto one action in November after my G5S plus had a swollen battery. The card from the G5S plus wouldn't work in the new Moto one action. I had to use a new card. No issue since then. Old card now in my security camera working fine.
Options

11 Posts

06-21-2017

GB

24 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 84 of 108

2020-04-29, 17:26 PM

So I've just tried a different approach to resolving this issue.... with the same result i.e. total silence from Motorola. I went down the Virtual Assistant route & was transferred to a "live" agent, I'll copy the conversation.

Hi, my name is Darlene. How may I help you?

I see that you were using our virtual assistant and selected to speak with a live agent. I am happy to help, just give me a moment to review your information.

I then told agent the details of our issue with not only the G7 Power but other Motorola phones. 40 minutes and counting and still no reply.... Darlene hasn't even told me to re-format the card, try a new card etc. Another waste of time... unless she's on an extended tea break, maybe I should watch the page until she replies.... don't think so...

Options

11465 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1168 Signins

158410 Page Views

• Views: 158410
  • Message 85 of 108

2020-05-05, 15:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have all of you in the list since I reported this, I know some of you has workarounds but we're still investigating the cause of the SD card failure. I apologize if it took long before I respond back here. We've tried all the possible troubleshooting steps to address this. I appreciate all of you who has tried our suggestions. 

Please give me more details such as error message, sd card size make and model, and your observations. I would also like to request for a bug report so we can check this further.

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior. 

To enable developer options: 
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number 
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

@ianreid2, 

I reviewed the conversation you had with the representative. Sorry to know you've waited that long. However, the chat was disconnected after 8 mins.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

05-18-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 86 of 108

2020-05-18, 10:49 AM

Chiming in to report I have had the same issue now with two different Moto Power phones... I've tried both formatting options and two different SD cards. A fully functioning SD card is absolutely necessary for this phone as the internal memory on this phone is not sufficient. 

I look forward to a solution. 

Options

11465 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1168 Signins

158410 Page Views

• Views: 158410
  • Message 87 of 108

2020-05-18, 12:23 PM

Hi Chantalb79,

Really appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried. May I know the make and model of your sd cards? Also, may I request from you to send us a bug report? Please see instruction above this post. Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

06-04-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 88 of 108

2020-06-04, 20:06 PM

I am having the same issue. Tried removing, cleaning and reinstalling the SD card and then rebooting. Same  error. It was working fine just before I rebooted. Can someone help please!!

Options

1 Posts

06-04-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 89 of 108

2020-06-04, 20:14 PM

Adding my voice to say that, out of the blue, my SanDisk Ultra Plus 32gb micro SD stopped being recognized by my Moto G7 Power. I didn't have anything super important saved on it, so I tried re-formatting it, but no luck. It is now no longer recognized by my phone - or my Mac or PC either. I bought my phone in late December 2019, so the SD card barely lasted 6 months. I made a bug report, but only about 20 minutes after my SD card was re-formatted, removed, and checked on my computers, so I'm not sure if it was captured. I can upload the bug report, if requested. 

Options

2 Posts

06-06-2020

US

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 90 of 108

2020-06-06, 14:01 PM
My g7 gives a notification "Checking SD card: Reviewing Content" then switches to "Ejecting SD card: Don't Remove" was working fine yesterday.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete